Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Merry Christmas

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Ladies and Gents,

This is Bogie wishing you all the Merriest of Christmases this year and a happy new year! One of the best gifts we all recieved this year was a new and improved Lounge, hats off again to MK.

TreeandUs.jpg

Merry Christmas from the both of us.

Regards to all,

J

Molorom

Familiar Face
Merry Christmas!

Ive been given a 2 Disk Special Edition of Casablanca!

Some gift Eh?

Adam

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Happy Holidays......politically correct!

I have been following the articles and commentary that some places no longer say MERRY CHIRSTMAS..but only HAPPY HOLIDAYS. You see there is fear that you may offend someone.
Have we forgotten that this is Christ Mass, the celebration of the birth of Christ?

I just yesterday "topped up" the Virgin Cellualr phone for my son. I had questions and was on their automated system and web page. Wanna know what corporate America is doing for this "Holiday Season"?

CHRISMAHANUKWANZAKAH, the best deals of the season!

You see, Christmas + Haunaka + Kwanza

Oh and the song...

" It's OK if you're a Muslim, Christian, or a Jew. It's Ok if you're Agnostic, and don't know what to do...It's OK if your..." and so on..There is even a "sub voice" in the song that says things like "Im a Scientologist, that's kind of a religion".

SAD.

Anyway MERRY C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S to all Loungers!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Christmakah

Andy, on the tv drama The O.C., one of the characters created a new holiday for his family...Christmakah (Christmas + Hannakah). I think FOX network is even selling Christmakah products on their website.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Christmukka is not something new. When my sister was in college, she lived in a house with 5 Jewish girls. The house celebrated "Christmukka". They used blue and white lights on the "hanukka bush", red and green candles in the menorah, hung up blue stockings decorated with the Star of David on the mantle.

kamikat

ITG

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
Christmukka is not something new. When my sister was in college, she lived in a house with 5 Jewish girls. The house celebrated "Christmukka". They used blue and white lights on the "hanukka bush", red and green candles in the menorah, hung up blue stockings decorated with the Star of David on the mantle.

kamikat
Wow, I saw a special on "The O.C." and from what I remember I think the show's creator said either he or the guy that plays Seth came up with it. I guess they hadn't met your sister's friends.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
ITG said:
Wow, I saw a special on "The O.C." and from what I remember I think the show's creator said either he or the guy that plays Seth came up with it. I guess they hadn't met your sister's friends.

My sister was the only Christian in the house, so maybe they came up with it to make her feel included. We grew up in a pretty evenly mixed area. Our public schools were closed for all the Jewish High Holy Days, as well as Christmas. Most of my friends growing up were Jewish and lots of people had "Chistmukka" elements in their holiday decorating. The O.C. guys may have come up with the name, but the idea has been around for a long time.

kamikat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy