Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mexican biker rings!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

O.K. serious, but weird question. There are some things that you just don't wear unless you "earned them". You don't wear US Armed Forces Medals unless you earned them. You don't wear a red bandanna unless you're in the bloods. If you wear a "Mexican Biker Ring" does this mean you're in a Mexican Biker Gang? Just wondering, I'm not much on jewelrey.

Later

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
Hi

O.K. serious, but weird question. There are some things that you just don't wear unless you "earned them". You don't wear US Armed Forces Medals unless you earned them. You don't wear a red bandanna unless you're in the bloods. If you wear a "Mexican Biker Ring" does this mean you're in a Mexican Biker Gang? Just wondering, I'm not much on jewelrey.

Later

Hey there - to answer your question, no biker gang is needed. They are sometimes referred to as "Mexican Biker Rings" due to bikers in the 40's-60's wearing them. I guess the real term should be "Mexican Souvenir Rings". Service men in the 30's/40's would cross into Mexico and pick 'em up in the border towns as well. The rings were even sold in old Johnson Smith catalogs for anyone to buy.

1961MJS

Hey there - to answer your question, no biker gang is needed. They are sometimes referred to as "Mexican Biker Rings" due to bikers in the 40's-60's wearing them. I guess the real term should be "Mexican Souvenir Rings". Service men in the 30's/40's would cross into Mexico and pick 'em up in the border towns as well. The rings were even sold in old Johnson Smith catalogs for anyone to buy.

Thanks, that cheap gold colored skull might look good on a hatband if I can work out a way to get it there.

Thanks again

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
Good[angel] and evil:rage::

goodevil.jpg

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
The word "mexican" caught my eye while searching the new posts... I´m myself a mexican and had never ever heard of these... what exactly are they??

flat-top

The word "mexican" caught my eye while searching the new posts... I´m myself a mexican and had never ever heard of these... what exactly are they??

Like Rockabilly said above:
" They are sometimes referred to as "Mexican Biker Rings" due to bikers in the 40's-60's wearing them. I guess the real term should be "Mexican Souvenir Rings". Service men in the 30's/40's would cross into Mexico and pick 'em up in the border towns as well. The rings were even sold in old Johnson Smith catalogs for anyone to buy."

I'm waiting on a repro of the devil head ring. It should be here any day!

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
Like Rockabilly said above:
" They are sometimes referred to as "Mexican Biker Rings" due to bikers in the 40's-60's wearing them. I guess the real term should be "Mexican Souvenir Rings". Service men in the 30's/40's would cross into Mexico and pick 'em up in the border towns as well. The rings were even sold in old Johnson Smith catalogs for anyone to buy."

I'm waiting on a repro of the devil head ring. It should be here any day!

Hey flat-top, have you received your repro devil ring yet? If you don't mind sharing, maybe you can post a pic when ya have a chance. I'm curious to see which style it is.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Great to see these pieces. tho I gotta say, I feel pretty silly wearing anything more than just a biker wallet like this one made by Obbi Good Label:

67570_443883819596_565224596_5414984_1696599_n.jpg

Personally, feel a bit too "Mr T" otherwise;)

Jan

One of the Regulars
These are super cool rings. My Baby Jo makes repro rings, and they're really thick and heavy.

What's the "average" prices for these? I've seen auctions as low as $60 and repro rings as high as $300.

Seanpsk

New in Town
Here's mine.

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

I picked this one off the bay for cheap, but one side of the ring is missing the shield, is there anywhere I can bring it to get it replaced? Or should I leave it as it is?

KGrHqFHJEIE-ne-y9lyBPqStuqJ8w60_57.jpg

KGrHqFHJBsE-M-lQmsIBPqStrkWwg60_57.jpg

Anyone knows whether I can get this fixed? Or should I leave it as it is?
KGrHqFHJ8E-FMLK-SuBPqStsjJ60_57.jpg

Last edited:

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
I agree with flat-top, leave it as is. You could however buy another of these rings for cheap(if its in rough shape) and steal that rings shield emblem to attach to this horse ring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points