Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mickey Rourke is rocking a pretty BAD jacket!

Celebs are wretched, right down to the requisite small dog must-have accessory.
The more ridiculous they make themselves look, the better.
He makes an otherwise good looking jacket look terrible.
"Rawkin" anything is one of those expressions I never want to hear again.

Feraud

Bartender
90226W7_ROURKE_M_B_GR_01.jpg

Rourke is a long time pet owner. He had his former dog Loki for 18 years. Unfortunately Loki just passed away.
Rourke doesn't jump on bandwagons.

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
Mickey Rourke has lived a rough and hard life.....unfortunately it shows.

Great jacket but just about everything else he's wearing would be better off in a dumpster.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Daniel Hunter said:
Mickey Rourke has lived a rough and hard life.....unfortunately it shows.
Being an overpaid, overrated movie star for 30 years has been a rough, hard life?
Whatever...

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I like Mickey Rourke, call it residual appreciation for his work in "The Pope of Greenwich Village." However, he didn't nail this look. I hope he sticks to the Gautlier jackets and matching pocket squares.

He would have been fine here without the hat, with engineer boots or some such thing and without the hoody, if that is a hoody. My opinion.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MudInYerEye said:
Being an overpaid, overrated movie star for 30 years has been a rough, hard life?
Whatever...
Well, his adolescence was spent as a street urchin on pre-gentrified South Beach. That explains a lot about him.

icecold

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
Well, his adolescence was spent as a street urchin on pre-gentrified South Beach. That explains a lot about him.

Actually, the story of his life is pretty interesting. I'm not huge fan of his, just intrugued. He has had a very, very, very rough childhood, and apparently even his brief period of "having it all" (the woman, the fame, the money), was not able to relieve the attendant "inner daemons".
This probably explains the self-destructive behavior, giving it up all for a boxing "career" (hence, the hatchett face...) etc.
His latest movie (the wrestler) is pretty good. His life is painful to watch, but at the same time, good story of 'coming of age', or something like that. he's still a mess, but in his latest interviews he comes across as a lot more introspective and mature than most of the Holliwood scum;) ...

Doug C

Practically Family
Hemingway Jones wrote:
I like Mickey Rourke, call it residual appreciation for his work in "The Pope of Greenwich Village."

I completely agree and further more I just like him and respect that's he's the type to say "..screw it all I'm gonna box", wheather that was a bad deciscion is not the point.. it shows character especially amongst the hords of hollywood types that would never consider giving up an ounce of whatever fame they'd been able to acheive. Now, his clothes in these particular pictures aren't exactly what I'd choose but then again to me he looks like he's probably been up all night partying with a couple of blonds, so I wouldn't care how I looked either. With that said though I have seen him looking pretty well put together lately in ways that I sort of invy a little, hip suits and such. Micky comes across a little sleezy usually but he does radiate a certain confident coolness if nothing else - JMHO.
Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy