Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Million Dollar Baby" fedora

IndyBlues

New in Town
Clint Eastwood has a new film coming out called "Million Dollar Baby", and the hat worn by Morgan Freeman just blows me away. I have been wanting to branch away from the Indy hat, and thought this would be a great start, AND a great look for me.

Here is a link to the Film site.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/million_dollar_baby/

Anyone know the make or model? Maybe guess some details about it so I can get a close enough?? I have a feeling Art has GOT to have
one of these in his stable.
'Blues

Canadave

One Too Many
Here it is...sorry, it's the best I can do.

morgan.bmp

I have no intrinsic interest in the topic of the movie, but the trailer looks good, and anyone I know that has seen it has raved about it.

David

IndyBlues

New in Town
That's the one, Canadave. I've been trying to fine a good pic as well, but to no avail.
The special I saw regarding the film basically says it's more about people, than about boxing. Boxing just happens to be the setting. I think it's going to be one of those heart felt, tear jerker movies. Sorta like The Champ.
'Blues

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Nice hat

Dave,
I don't know the hat right off but it does look to be a "modern" tapered crown with center dent & side pinches. Can't tell from the pics if it is cav edge but the brim looks thicker than normal so it might be welted. The brim does look to be wider than you liked last year so I am guessing at least 2 1/4 brim left upturned.
I don't have anything close to it in your size so we might be talking custom here.

Canadave

One Too Many
Hey Art, it was actually IndyBlues with the original question about the hat, but thanks anyhoo!

David

PS I just noticed something...take a look at the pic I posted of Morgan's hat, and compare it to my avatar!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
I have had Worth hats and am not a fan of the felt.

I thought their felts were made by Cervo. Have they gone downhill like Borsalino? I contacted them about ordering a hat a while back, on the off chance they could do a Cavanagh edge, but they couldn't. Good thing I didn't order. Seemed like nice customer service, though.

Brad

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
They can do welted edges though not cav.

The felt has a dry texture to it which ends up shrinking and with holes at the creased points after little wear (I consider little wear a year).

The felt is no Cervo I have seen. It is not good stuff. I'll stick with Optimo for durable felts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot