Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moleskine Notebooks; Have One?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Serial Hero said:
The web site has Last Crusade listed as one of the movies. Moleskines were out of production when it was being filmed.

I do like seeing the history, and what other people are using them for.
Which is probably why the Grail Diary looks as it does rather than exactly like the Moleskine, which served as its inspiration, which is what they were getting at.

I use them for just about everything

I am a technology analyst and surrounded all day by the latest and greatest tech stuff. But I still use a large Moleskine quad-ruled notebook and a Phileas fountian pen for my notes and writing. I also carry as an everyday, everywhere notebook the smaller blank Moleskine. At home, I keep my journal in another lined large Moleskine notebook. So I guess you could say I am a convert.

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
Gee, this thread is reminding me that I need to get a new Moleskine soon!

I used to have a PDA. Got rid of it, especially after I found myself stuffing more pieces of paper in its case than actually turning the thing on. I love small notebooks and sketchbooks, though I found in the past that many of them remained only partially or seldom used. When I found the small Moleskine a few years back, I found it to be the absolute perfect size for my scribblings, ideas, sketches, lyrics, and more. The built-in elastic band is fantastic since by the time I've filled one, the pocket is bursting at the seams and the book is buldging from all the extra scraps stuffed between the pages. I've used my Moleskines to journal and make sketches of various global and urban adventures.

I also find that the paper on the Moleskines takes a vintage fountain pen quite nicely. ;)

bink

MattC

A-List Customer
Notes for a series of lectures

I was in Amsterdam last month to give a set of classes on the American Constitution. I wanted to put all the notes in one place, so I went out to get a notebook. As luck would have it, the only thing I could find in the neighborhood I was in was my first Moleskin. One of the great things about Moleskins is that even if you write with an inky fountain pen, the pages don't bleed at all.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Moleskins are my favorite sketchbooks by far, way more durable than any other hardcover sketchbook I've ever used. The paper is nice and thick and smooth like plate finish bristol, and when I use my Pitt brush pens there is never any bleed through no mater how much ink I put on the page. I've never had another sketchbook as good. :eusa_clap

Kodiak

A-List Customer
I bought a small blank one to use as a journal about three years ago. Until last month I had never written a word in it, waiting for something adventurous to happen to me. When I got back from Chicago in July I finally jotted down a few notes in it. I plan to take it with me to Saskatchewan end of this month.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Excellent! You know, there are few things as challenging as a blank page. Holding a pen and staring at a blank page really makes a person think about themselves and evaluate their lives. Imagine all of the anecdotes; mundane and insight recorded in Moleskines over the years. -Just a random thought on a Friday.

Mycroft

One Too Many
I love my moleskine. It is like my Di Vinci Notebook. All of my ideas, poems, discoveries, sketches etc. go in it. It travels with me always in my messinger bag. (I am too scared to loose it). I love the Varsity, but looking to upgrade, thanks Hemingway. Anyhow, I have the blank page ones, but the next one I pick up will have graph paper in so I can write neater.;)

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
Hemingway Jones said:
Excellent! You know, there are few things as challenging as a blank page. Holding a pen and staring at a blank page really makes a person think about themselves and evaluate their lives. Imagine all of the anecdotes; mundane and insight recorded in Moleskines over the years. -Just a random thought on a Friday.

Indeed, there are probably an awful lot of computer passwords in moleskines too. :D

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
Does anyone put their name, address and reward on the first page like it suggests?

I thought it was kind of silly, until I jotted down a bunch of good story ideas and sketches, then decided it wasn’t so silly after all.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Serial Hero said:
Does anyone put their name, address and reward on the first page like it suggests?

I thought it was kind of silly, until I jotted down a bunch of good story ideas and sketches, then decided it wasn’t so silly after all.

Name, but I have no perminate address. They are the greatest thing for me because when I open mine up, I say to myself, "Spill your brain out and make it look like Di Vinci's and you know what I have read some translations of his notebooks and they are everything from sketchs to his shopping lists, for real.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
You'd be proud

Folks,

You'd be proud of me. Recently, I noticed that a dear friend of mine was constantly losing not only her mind because she kept on losing notes she wrote but she was also losing her wits. So being the quick wit ;), I decided to go ahead and get her a Moleskine and now she is just totally tickled pink and now using one. Yes my friends, I've converted yet another one...Muhahahahahhaha.

Jon

Mycroft

One Too Many
FedoraGent said:
Folks,

You'd be proud of me. Recently, I noticed that a dear friend of mine was constantly losing not only her mind because she kept on losing notes she wrote but she was also losing her wits. So being the quick wit ;), I decided to go ahead and get her a Moleskine and now she is just totally tickled pink and now using one. Yes my friends, I've converted yet another one...Muhahahahahhaha.

Jon

Nice work, you have now brought another one into the tribe. Anyhow, how much are they costing in your neck of the woods, my around 7 American?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
moleskin diary

I use the small diary which is one day to a page (which I need). My first one and won't be my last and fits neatly into my A-2 pocket..just!

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Mycroft said:
Nice work, you have now brought another one into the tribe. Anyhow, how much are they costing in your neck of the woods, my around 7 American?

For the Horizontal bound black with the side pocket it was $12.95 at Crane & co in San Francisco.

Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic