Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More 1930's - early 1940's Ties

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Three more ties from late 30's - early 40's one of these might be earlier than that - the one on the left is made a little differently than the others I have in my collection- this one was New Old Stock and had a slip tag on it when I got it and the design looks very "Art Deco" - prices include shipping in CONUS - Please add $5 for overseas,

1) Dark brown with red & silver arabesques or paisleys within woven squares. Labeled "Croydon Leather Back" and "Squires Clothing Co, Wichita, Ks" - I got it as New Old Stock - came with slip tag and worn once by me. Possibly 1920's - very pronounced taper and quite wide at the wide end - 4.5". Unlined, excellent shape. $15.00
2) Mahogany brown silk or rayon satin with green and yellow geometric design - unlined, no label. Very good shape. $10
3) Dark brown silk with ivory circles & triangles - simple yet striking - labeled "Mabley and Carew, Cincinnati" and "Swan Satin - All Silk" - very good shape - unlined. $10
IMG_0338.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Any chance of seeing the label on the 'Croydon'? the reason i am interested is that 'Croydon' was the brand name of Tootal ties in North America. I would be interested to know if this was one of them. If so, that would make it 1930s since - to the best of my knowledge - Tootal ties first came onto the market circa 1932.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Hi Mate, I had gotten the PM from W4ASZ and had packaged up the ties before I saw your note - Will need to get him to post a pic of the label if possible. Sorry!

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Any chance of seeing the label on the 'Croydon'? the reason i am interested is that 'Croydon' was the brand name of Tootal ties in North America. I would be interested to know if this was one of them. If so, that would make it 1930s since - to the best of my knowledge - Tootal ties first came onto the market circa 1932.

Two Types:

You've made me curious. I'll report back to you.

Thank you for the comment. I would not have known.

-Steve

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
It may not be part of the same range, but it will be interesting to find out. I can't imagine there would have been two ranges of ties with the brand name 'Croydon'. There is an advert for the Croydon brand in the 'Tootal - company history' thread (in 'general attire etc')

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou