Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More Praise For The Incredible Michael Moore!!!

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
Hello everyone!!
I am new to the forum and actually new to the whole hat wearing community at large. Because of this, I really wanted to talk with someone who had some expertise and who could make me look like I was not trying too hard!! After all of the great comments in this forum, I decided to give a few people a call and see who would follow up with me.
Within minutes of sending out the email, I received a call from the Major himself, Mike Moore. I told him that I wanted to start with a fedora, but I needed his help on size and color. He asked me some questions about attire that I frequent, size and body shape, and also the look I was going for. He immediately came up with an idea and I just let him run with it.
I also purchased a Stetson western hat and have had some problems wearing it out. I am a small guy at 5'6'' and the hat, as Mike would say, "was wearing me" and not the other way around. I sent him some pictures and sent the hat to him to fix for me.
I really don't think I am a demanding customer, but I do like to keep in contact with the company and ask tons of questions. Mike has been nothing but patient with me and that has allowed me to relax and trust his work completely. It is very rare to find someone so dedicated to the customer and to making such a great product. I really cannot recommend Mike highly enough.
I have not received the hats yet, but as soon as I do, I will proudly display them here for all of you to see how great his work is. Mike, I hope I can contribute to this becoming your full time job, because if anyone deserves it, you do.

Welcome JP, from another Metro Atlanta hat freak & satisfied customer of Major Moore. You should really just add this to the existing thread about Major Mike Moore's Magic. I understand your enthusiasm & I have 2 hats at Buckaroo Hatters for some work plus a custom on order too. Take a deep seat & hang on. It's a wonderful ride.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There ain't a better guy in the United States than Mike Moore. And you're going to LIKE the hat he sends you.

Welcome to the lounge, JP. You're going to like it here.

Dundee

A-List Customer
Welcome to the lounge. I too have had a good experience with Major Mike. He did a conversion on a western resistol for me. I will be sending him payment tomorrow and will also post some pictures as soon as the hat arrives. I look forward to seeing your new hats as well.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the lounge JP...Mike is a great guy!...Can't wait to see the new masterpiece!...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
The title of this thread scared me for a minute...I thought it was about the movie guy who wears ball caps...:eek:

majormoore

Vendor
Will have the hat you sent me and you new Fedora hat done and both boxed to ship out this Sat afternoon.

Tom, have your hats and both will have work started on Sat. hope by next weekend to have yours ready to ship back to you.

I have taken on a person to help me on the weekends, in hopes to get the hats in and out in a more timely manner. He is catching on fast, he already knew how to shape hats, teaching him other parts of making a hat, some many people come in the shop on weekends talking and asking questions, I could not get anything done, so I was very lucky he and I found each other.

If ya'll keep this praise up, I will not be able to make a hat big enough to fit my BIG Head.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Major Moore

JPMcAdara said:
Hello everyone!!
I am new to the forum and actually new to the whole hat wearing community at large. Because of this, I really wanted to talk with someone who had some expertise and who could make me look like I was not trying too hard!! After all of the great comments in this forum, I decided to give a few people a call and see who would follow up with me.
Within minutes of sending out the email, I received a call from the Major himself, Mike Moore. I told him that I wanted to start with a fedora, but I needed his help on size and color. He asked me some questions about attire that I frequent, size and body shape, and also the look I was going for. He immediately came up with an idea and I just let him run with it.
I also purchased a Stetson western hat and have had some problems wearing it out. I am a small guy at 5'6'' and the hat, as Mike would say, "was wearing me" and not the other way around. I sent him some pictures and sent the hat to him to fix for me.
I really don't think I am a demanding customer, but I do like to keep in contact with the company and ask tons of questions. Mike has been nothing but patient with me and that has allowed me to relax and trust his work completely. It is very rare to find someone so dedicated to the customer and to making such a great product. I really cannot recommend Mike highly enough.
I have not received the hats yet, but as soon as I do, I will proudly display them here for all of you to see how great his work is. Mike, I hope I can contribute to this becoming your full time job, because if anyone deserves it, you do.

Carlisle Blues

JP I have nothing but respect for Mike and admiration for his talents.:eusa_clap

He took a Stetson of mine (valued at approx $1,000) and converted it into a beautiful fedora. He fashioned it in a way that I can wear both my cowboy boots and regular shoes with it. :D

He consulted with me, offered ideas and gave reasons why my ideas may or may not have worked.

I interviewed no less than five different hatters then chose Mike. :eusa_doh:

Naturally, since it is a new hat and his creation I named it "The Major". ;)

Welcome and good luck.

bolthead

Carlisle Blues said:
JP I have nothing but respect for Mike and admiration for his talents.:eusa_clap

He took a Stetson of mine (valued at approx $1,000) and converted it into a beautiful fedora. He fashioned it in a way that I can wear both my cowboy boots and regular shoes with it. :D

He consulted with me, offered ideas and gave reasons why my ideas may or may not have worked.

I interviewed no less than five different hatters then chose Mike. :eusa_doh:

Naturally, since it is a new hat and his creation I named it "The Major". ;)

Welcome and good luck.
worthlesswithoutpics

Carlisle Blues

bolthead said:
worthlesswithoutpics

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0811_edited-1.jpg

Original

Stetson_Presidente_large.jpg

majormoore said:
...Tom, have your hats and both will have work started on Sat. hope by next weekend to have yours ready to ship back to you....
Thanks for the update Mike. Glad you found some help & that the business is good enough for you. The hat guy at a local western store near here has nobody to cover for him & he is in his 80's. A true dieing art....

majormoore

Vendor
Tom, it was becoming hard to handle customers coming in , which I am very glad were, but at the same time making it hard to work on hats that I needed to.

Plus I was trying to get some SASS hats made and ready for a big match coming up in May, been making some tall crown 8" hats, they look like a road cone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with 4 1/2" brims, all ready getting request on these hats and I only have two made at this time.

I think the guy that is helping me will be around , he loves making and wearing the hats as I do and all of us here on the FL.

Major Moore

majormoore said:
...trying to get some SASS hats made and ready for a big match coming up in May, been making some tall crown 8" hats, they look like a road cone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with 4 1/2" brims, all ready getting request on these hats and I only have two made at this time...
I've got a Mounted Shooting rig myself.
How does that old song go? Something about "use my old hat for a sail?"
Those sound like they'd catch enough wind!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran