Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mother Lode of Vintage Magazines

Davep

One of the Regulars
Ever wanted to have acess to a library of over 180 copies of YANK Magazines? Or complete sets of Newspapers for the entire war? Or how about all of the war time copies of LIFE Magazine, page after page in color?

But that's not all. How about over 75 issues of Der Adler, full an complete copies. Or complete copies of the German War Time Newspaper, Die Bewgueng.

And what is even more amazing that is not all you'll find on the CHG Message Board's WW2 Book and Magazine Section. Yes that's right there is even more!

But be prepared for hours of examination and research of these one of a kind treasures. This is the only place on the internet that you will find theses all listed in one spot.

www.chgww2.net. Then click Message Board - make it a favorite because more content is added every week, and you don't want to miss it.

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Ever wanted to have acess to a library of over 180 copies of YANK Magazines? Or complete sets of Newspapers for the entire war? Or how about all of the war time copies of LIFE Magazine, page after page in color?

But that's not all. How about over 75 issues of Der Adler, full an complete copies. Or complete copies of the German War Time Newspaper, Die Bewgueng.

And what is even more amazing that is not all you'll find on the CHG Message Board's WW2 Book and Magazine Section. Yes that's right there is even more!

But be prepared for hours of examination and research of these one of a kind treasures. This is the only place on the internet that you will find theses all listed in one spot.

www.chgww2.net. Then click Message Board - make it a favorite because more content is added every week, and you don't want to miss it.

BRILLIANT!!! Thank you!

Miss Stella

One of the Regulars
Ok well I'll put my knitting down and go to visit "Life" in 1936...sweeeet!!
Thank you also as I didn't know that California had a WWII forum!

wahine

Practically Family
I think this fits in here:

If you like the arts and style of Art Nouveau / Turn of the Century,
you should have a look at the archive of the Jugend magazine.
It has a full load of illustrations, graphics, advertisements amm (only very few photos).
Even if you don't know one bit of German, it should be enjoying just to look at the pictures
(they are much bigger than the following examples).

FYI: The Jugend magazine contains quite a bit of nudity ("clean" nudity in my opinion, but opinions differ as we know)

click here: http://diglit.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/diglit/jugend?sid=bdff4f1d6efd0c9936ab18fe7f7647c4&ui_lang=eng
Once you chose from the list of years/issues and opened a page, you can either turn the pages with the arrows or see all pages at once by clicking "Vorschau".

Last edited:

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just thought I'd bump this little gem. I've really enjoyed reading through the LIFE magazine issues from the mid 30's. There are some really great articles. I can't tell you how many times I've gasped and said, "Oh my goodness! That's [enter really young royal/actor/actress/politician]!"

Also, thanks Wahine! There's some great stuff there, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner