Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moustaches make the man

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Forget about nose, general physiognomy, hat, facial expression, eyebrows… The only detail that changes in those Super Mario pics is the moustache - and it works.

Do you see Django's cigarette, too? :)

Warden

One Too Many
Read this today, you have to feel sorry for the chap, that said not one should resort to threats.

The news story says "A self-employed financial advisor with an Edwardian-style moustache has promised a court he will shave it off.

Charles Law, 48, of Borehamwood, in Herts, admitted assaulting a boy of 13 after he was teased about it by a group of teenagers".

Read BBC news story here

Harry

Warden

One Too Many
Found another article about the mans moustache, this time with a picture.

charleslawSB_450x250.jpg

News article is here

Harry

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
ITG said:
moved from the Beauty forum-Sorry Shaul-Ike Cohen but most women don't wear moustaches. :p

Now whaddayaknow...

But thanks - I wasn't aware the Beauty forum was ladies only, like the Powder Room.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
Now whaddayaknow...

But thanks - I wasn't aware the Beauty forum was ladies only, like the Powder Room.
Shaul, if you were a newbie, I might excuse the comment but you're not and you know better...the Beauty Room and Powder Rooms both are geared for women and last time I checked none of the women in there had moustaches. So such a comment from you is considered snide. (Off the Record: My comment was meant as a light-hearted, heads-up housekeeping note that "hey this thread is being moved"...hence the silly smilie.)

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
ITG said:
Shaul, if you were a newbie, I might excuse the comment but you're not and you know better... the Beauty Room and Powder Rooms both are geared for women

I'm afraid, or rather glad, this is simply a misunderstanding. I seriously didn't know this about the Beauty Forum, as opposed to the Powder Room, and it's not obvious. The "whaddayaknow" wasn't sarcastic, but simply expressing my acknowledging this new piece of information.

and last time I checked none of the women in there had moustaches. So such a comment from you is considered snide.

Of course, you can't keep track of more than 5000 registered loungers, but I'm not in the habit of making snide remarks. I don't scoff at women who have a moustache - what would be the point anyway? -, neither do I make fun of women by claiming they have one.

(Off the Record: My comment was meant as a light-hearted, heads-up housekeeping note that "hey this thread is being moved"...hence the silly smilie.)

That's how I understood it.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
This case was discussed extensively (and somewhat cantankerously) in The Observation Bar some time ago.

Alan

Warden said:
Read this today, you have to feel sorry for the chap, that said not one should resort to threats.

The news story says "A self-employed financial advisor with an Edwardian-style moustache has promised a court he will shave it off.

Charles Law, 48, of Borehamwood, in Herts, admitted assaulting a boy of 13 after he was teased about it by a group of teenagers".

Read BBC news story here

Harry

cooncatbob said:
Maybe we need a Gentlemen grooming section, call it the Barber Shop.
Bob.

Yes, i second this.

We've been here before, and i believe mens only sections were nixed. As were ideas for access restrictions. (I'm of the opinion that a women's only beauty room is absurd: men are just as vain as women, just as interested in their appearance; hence a beauty section should include men's beauty products etc. But then, the decision was made how it was made so we need to live with being barred from that room, despite the fact that there are no openly declared "men only" rooms. Any such understandings are mere suppositions. Vive la difference!)

bk

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
I'm of the opinion that a women's only beauty room is absurd

For practical reasons, it might be useful to have one for each sex, just as there are separate rooms for, say, hats and suits.

But apart from that, the idea that by definition we menfolk can't be hanging around here for anything that has to do with beauty, is absurd indeed. Call the room Handsomeness, if you will, or "Rough And Manly Looks, As Judged By Women, Because A Man Wouldn't Think About It". :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot