Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

movie hats that inspired you...

El Sid

New in Town
Richard Widmark in "Kiss of Death" and Steve Martin in "L.A. Story" when he is roller-skating through the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in a great panama. Also love John Huston's OR in "Chinatown," and all the other hats in that film. Every hat Bogie wore in every movie, except "The African Queen." Love the movie, not the hat. And Nicholson's heartbreak of a fedora in "Ironweed."

4700016_lg_3_Richard-Widmark-and-Victor-Mature.jpg

la_story.jpg

1987-ironweed_1821466i.jpg

images

Last edited:

GratefulDawg

New in Town
Here's a shot of Marcelo Mastroianni in Ieri, oggi, domani (Yesterday, today, tomorrow). Sorry, but this was the best I could do from a shot with bad lighting. This hat inspired one I just had made.

Marcelo.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The hats on the deputies in The Grapes of Wrath are great. They're thinly bound brim (OR style) westerns, but styled in many ways. I liked that they appeared to have a higher contrast - maybe silver ribbon against a darker gray felt. There are also many other types of hats, styled in many ways.

grapes1.jpg

Last edited:
The hats on the deputies in The Grapes of Wrath are great. They're thinly bound brim (OR style) westerns, but styled in many ways. I liked that they appeared to have a higher contrast - maybe silver ribbon against a darker gray felt. There are also many other types of hats, styled in many ways.

grapes1.jpg

OOOhhhh, I like those!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Enjoyed this narrow ribboned fedora tonight... worn by Tom Conway in Cat People (1942).

JS1566933.jpg

I just did a little research, not recognizing this actress, Simone Simon. My goodness, she is beautiful. I think I have a new favorite actress for the most beautiful actress of the golden era thread, or whatever its called.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner