Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Rover on The Sartorialist !

Feraud

Bartender
The Sartorialist gets some style! Looking good MrR!

imoldfashioned said:
I was reading the comments at The Sartorialist--it cracked me up some of the guys were quibbling about the cut of Ray's pants, his pocket square, etc. while most of the posters who was identified as female said things like "sexy" or "he looks devastating" or "I wish all guys dressed like this everyday!"
Hilarious isn't it? lol

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Well, I guess a fedora is sexy after all. Who knew.

I can understand someone saying I don't prefer the cut of the pants, but to act as if they are inherently bad because they are not in style shows your ignorance to the fact that fashion is arbitrary, but any number of things can look good if they are cut well.

SUrely they will be weearing that exact cut in five or ten years and insultinig people with skinny pants.

Jovan

Suspended
imoldfashioned said:
I was reading the comments at The Sartorialist--it cracked me up some of the guys were quibbling about the cut of Ray's pants, his pocket square, etc. while most of the posters who was identified as female said things like "sexy" or "he looks devastating" or "I wish all guys dressed like this everyday!"
Says a lot about the guy mentality. :)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The girls are going wild for this Ray...

I'm reading comments such as "sexy;" "cute;" "devastating;" "genius;" "dapper;"" authoriative;" badass look;"....and the female compliments and plaudits go on-and-on!!:eusa_clap

Then one gal says: "I would definitely do a huge double-take if I passed by him on the street."

Whilst another quips: "The saucy angle of the hat can't be beat."

STRANGE, how the nastier, underhand comments seem to come from 'the men' of that board:rolleyes: Wouldn't have anything to do with being jealous and 'them' not being able to capture the magic that Ray has in abundance would it...???

I'm a HUGE FAN of Rays, I make no secret of that whatsoever. He's inspirational!!;)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
I'm reading comments such as "sexy;" "cute;" "devastating;" "genius;" "dapper;"" authoriative;" badass look;"....and the female compliments and plaudits go on-and-on!!

Then one gal says: "I would definitely do a huge double-take if I passed by him on the street."

Has someone sent a link of this to Isabella Snow? :rolleyes:

Jovan

Suspended
PADDY said:
I'm reading comments such as "sexy;" "cute;" "devastating;" "genius;" "dapper;"" authoriative;" badass look;"....and the female compliments and plaudits go on-and-on!!:eusa_clap

STRANGE, how the nastier, underhand comments seem to come from 'the men' of that board:rolleyes: Wouldn't have anything to do with being jealous and 'them' not being able to capture the magic that Ray has in abundance would it...???

I'm a HUGE FAN of Rays, I make no secret of that whatsoever. He's inspirational!!;)
I wish I had as much style sense as him at his age.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Does Mr. Rover ever not look 110% perfect?
And as regards the few snarky comments on that blog, yeah, can't imagine those folks have any jealousy. :rolleyes: lol

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Quote from bravely anonymous: "This kid is one of the regulars over at the Fedora Lounge. Those people don't care about fashion, they care about *vintage fashion.*"
Actually he (I assume it's a he) is only half right. We don't care about fashion. We care about Style. Mr.Rover has style and one other thing those anonymous posters seem to lack: Class.

Tumbleweed

New in Town
As seen on The Sartorialist. Also : Cars as inspiration.

Mr.Rover

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted already, although I suppose most of the regulars have already seen it.

The commentary on the photos brings up the topic of the wide-legged trousers. I'm of the opinion that they balance a slim-fitted jacket very well, I don't like the chicken-leg look of tight pants. With the slight upper body, it just ends being too much (by way of being too little. Erudite!)

This all leads into a tangent about overall suit balance. I've personally found to be effective is a pseudo-Mod look of a shortish fitted coat with rope shoulders, small peak lapels and as few buttons as possible. With regards to trousers, I deviate a lot from the retro trend popular on this forum. Whilst I like the overall impression in the photo, I keep getting put off by the complexity of those classic trousers. They're just too deliberate.

I prefer a flat-fronted lower rise (although slightly higher than currently fashionable) with being mostly fitted to about the knee, then with a subtle A-leg flair to about a 20" cuff. No turnup. Punctuate with subtly pointy Italian shoes. This manages to combine a harmonious balance of a narrow fit following directly from the coat but also the solid foundation gained from wide cuffs, as depicted by Mr.Rover.

The overall silhouette should evoke the impression that one is wearing an E-Type Jaguar. No truely straight lines anywhere, everything has some degree of curve.

Dangerous and more than a little naughty. I don't want my suits to look like a stepped out of an office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick