Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else hating the hot weather

Edward

Bartender
A couple of wet days this week and lower temperatures were very welcome. I rather foolishly went out to an all-day gig last week wearing an A3 cap instead of a full brim and no suncream. It was overcast all morning, but in the early mid afternoon the Sun came on strong.... my sunburn is just now starting to fade.

Summer has arrived! We are in the low to mid 80's with very low humidity. I find it very pleasant. We get just 2 months of this a year (sometimes into mid September) so I best enjoy it while it is here. We run fans in the bedroom and it keeps it cool enough to not interfere with sleep. So far we have avoided buying A/C. We spend our evenings in my downstairs office/TV room which stays much much cooler so we do have respite from the heat.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We’re scheduled to reach up to 98F for the weekend, high humidity and later on Sunday some severe thunderstorms.
So it’s going to be pretty uncomfortable, hate that.

One of the most curious german summers since 2005!
Very less high-summer days, mostly windy, serious temp leaps too often. Permanent change from too humid to too dry.
Looking forward to September. :)

zebedee

One Too Many
I live in Hong Kong. 30 celsius would be nice. We get up to 36 C, easy and then there are the typhoons.

I've grown to really like the heat, Hawaiian shirts and icy drinks and the fact that nobody cares what a person wears here. What worries me is the cold when I go back to the UK (which I try not to do more than once every two or three years unless it's into warm weather) - I love the architecture and seeing family, etc., but there isn't much worse than the humid cold there, although I loved that weather as a kid.

Bit of John Berryman, sort of in praise of Autumn:

…Henry is tired of winter,
& haircuts, & a squeamish comfy ruin-prone proud national
mind, & Spring (in the city so called)
Henry likes Fall.
Hé would be prepared to líve in a world of Fáll
for ever, impenitent Henry.
But the snows and summers grieve and dream;

These fierce & airy occupations, and love,
raved away so many of Henry’s years
it is a wonder that, with in each hand
one of his own mad books and all,
ancient fires for eyes, his head full
& his heart full, he's making ready to move on.​

Last edited:
If you want to kill the (free) time and days until September, I would recommend you to get Das Boot - 1985 uncut TV series. The 282 minutes netto are nearly flying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner