Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mug shots!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Bugsy Middleton...

Now for my attempts, deep breath and here goes...

PS: Haven't figured out how to put the pics side-by-side yet!:eek:

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
MK took my mug as soon as I got my Graphite Optimo fedora. I went over and we shot some pics. He grouped mine for me.

Looks like your going to jail Paddy, just don't say a word until we get you a lawyer we can trust... keep your mouth shut!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
And side view...

PRESS: "Bugsy, what do you have to say to the Senator who labelled you a drunk..?"

"Well Bill, all I have to say to that knuckle-head is, that he's an ugly s.o.b! but...in the morning, I will always be sober!"

up196

A-List Customer
And the winner of the Wild Root look=alike contest is . . .

Young Alvin Karpis

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
That looks like one of those "Separated at Birth" pictures you see.

OK, Wild Root, Hollywood calls. I know the perfect screenplay for you:

The Barker Gang.

Put in a good word for me -- I can play Ma Barker. (I can't find any photos of her in a hat, but I will wear one anyway.)

Karpis was known for having a real scarey stare, so you need to practice that. Everything else looks quite fine.

karol

up196

A-List Customer
That stare earned Karpis the nickname "Old Creepy" (sorry Root).

He also had a doctor alter his facial features and surgically remove the skin from his fingertips so he wouldn't leave prints (I guess he didn't like to wear gloves). Doc Moran did the same finger print job for Fredie Barker, and then started boasting about it. Moran's next "appointment" with Fred Barker involved a gun, a shovel and a bag of quick lime!

They cought Karpis right here in New Orleans. He was the first man arrested by J. Edgar Hoover. The witnesses agree, however that he was captured first by a squad of Agents, and then Hoover came up and formally arrested him.

To quote Mr. Karpis concerning the event prior to Hoover's arrival, "I turned slightly and I was facing a man holding a Thompson machine gun. He was wearing a Palm Beach suit and a Panama hat, and he looked cool and collected. He seemed to be in charge."

Interesting that the Agent's clothes made as much of an imporession as his Thompson did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails