Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mug shots!

Canadave

One Too Many
Those were the days...when criminals knew how to wear a hat!

Meyer Lansky -

Meyer Lansky.jpg

Bugsy Siegel -

Bugsy Siegel.jpg

Machine gun Kelly -

Machine gun Kelly.jpg

I guess they were required to wear their "trademarks" for their mug shots.

David

PS Comments on the specific hats...?

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
From the above mug shots, it appears that Capone and Matt have the coolest hats.

I couldn't find any photos of either Pretty Boy Floyd or Baby-faced Nelson in fedoras.

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Wow, Retro Grouch, you found photos of Nelson in a fedora. I like the other guy's hat better.

I seem to be running out of mug shots, but thought I would attempt to display the other side of the law:

karol

up196

A-List Customer
Eliot Ness

One of my heroes. Judging by the cars, it was probably taken while he was the Public Safety Director for the City of Cleveland.

up196

A-List Customer
More Eliot Ness

Here's a picture of yours truely in front of 2271 Lumber Street in Chicago. Anyone familiar with the Untouchables, the book not the movie, will recognize that as the address of the first brewery raided by the "Capone Special Squad."

Wild Root

Gone Home
These were taken at a friend's house. He was about to start restoration on this 1934 Oldsmobile four door. I was asked by a friend of mine to take some photos in my vintage clothes with his car. That suit is a late 30’s wool double breasted. The tie is a late 30's silk tie with one of the best Art Deco patterns! I'll have to take a photo of it by it's self soon. The sun glasses are real 1930's green colored glasses as well. The Tommy gun is a replica of a live one. It's made just like the real thing, but made to never fire. And the hat is a 50's Church Hill straw. These photos were taken in 1998.

Root.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root

I am surprised you haven't gotten a call from Hollywood. Especially in that first photo.

Return of Scarface, or some cool movie.

But I didn't see a scar. So, maybe Son of Scarface.

Cool outfit and hat and tommygun (is that what they called those things?)

Retro Grouch --

Yes, I love surfing the net and researching, too. We who do so can usually find anything. I tell folks it is like having a public library in my home.

How did we ever live without computers?

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails