Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ultimative Denim Trouser Thread?

CatsCan

Practically Family
I am sure your Tellason is sanforized and thus it will not shrink more than an inch in the length but stretch back when pulled out after wash. Have done this hundreds of times on higher end japanese raw denim (sanforized).
The only way to avoid fading is to never wear those jeans.

Last edited:

CatsCan

Practically Family
Very little is written about this.
Actually there is a lot about this very topic on most dedicated denim sites.
You are probably right when you think you may be overthinking this. Tellason knows something about denim. I bet they recommend washing, and that's the reason why they use sanforized denim. I am sure there is a tag inside with care instructions. And when it says "wash", you are safe to wash it. I am sure it says "wash". As I said, cotton fibres benefit from contact with water. Use a cold water low spin setting. You can use a little bit of liquid color washing soap (I personally avoid wool soaps, they seem to make my denims too sloppy to the touch). Wait for a dry and windy day for the wash (wash inside out) and take it out of the washing machine right after the cycle has finished, pull the legs out and put it flat on a rack outside the house (still inside out). Avoid direct sunlight if possible but don't overly worry if not. On days with high humidity it may take too long to dry outside which can make it smelly. If you have a warm and dry room I would place the rack there. But open a window for a few minutes every now and then to air out moisture.

Again: Don't worry too much. It's Tellason, not some exotic brand with a hit or miss kind of experimental denim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB