Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Music

crazylegsmurphy

One of the Regulars
I wasn't really sure where to put this...I couldn't find a music section, but do you think you guys could post some musical artists from the 30's and 40's that I can try to find at the library?

I'll leave it in your hands to point me to what you think is good...I'm not looking for specifics, just something decent to listen to at work.

Thanks!

Dismuke

One of the Regulars
crazylegsmurphy said:
I wasn't really sure where to put this...I couldn't find a music section, but do you think you guys could post some musical artists from the 30's and 40's that I can try to find at the library?

I'll leave it in your hands to point me to what you think is good...I'm not looking for specifics, just something decent to listen to at work.

Thanks!

Well, even though this is a bit of self-promotion, you can always check out my online radio station that is devoted to music from the 1920s and 1930s by following the link in my sig line.

I also have a number or recordings from 78 rpm records from 1900 through the early 1940s on my website at http://dismuke.org. Every Thursday, I also update the site with additional sound files of 78 rpm recordings with my Hit of the Week update at http://dismuke.org/how

There was actually a great deal of diversity in the popular music of the era - everything from uptempo, hot jazz to slow tempo ballads to the very "sweet" bands such Guy Lombardo's. My suggestion would be to go through my Hit of the Week archives and listen to the radio station and take notes of specific artist that you enjoy and seek out additional recordings by the same artists. My website also features a discussion forum where there are some rather knowledgeable people you can ask about any vintage music questions you might have.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Just listen to Dismuke and you'll find your self just wanting to hear that music all day!

I love what Dismuke has done and continues to do for us that love REAL music as I like to call it.

My taste gose from the 20's to the late 40's. Love all the bands from those years! Well, what I have herd wich is a lot but not all.

There was so much music recored from 1920 to 1950 it's CRAZY! Bands most of us have never heard of.

It's a big musical world!

Enjoy,

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo