Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
One of Big Sandy's Fly Rite Boys wore a thin ribbon tonight.
DSCN5788_zps98d0e000.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I had a chance to see Roy Bookbinder at a house concert recently. He is a blues treasure. He celebrated his 70th birthday at the concert and it was outstanding. His effortless acoustic blues playing and singing was decorated with entertaining stories about the blues muscians he has travled and spent time with. Hearing about Rev.Gary Davis, Pink Anderson and the many blues folks was priceless.

IMG_0350-M.jpg

He wore a Borsalino cap as shown in the above pic. Before the concert he introduced himself and said he admired my Pendleton jacket and VS fedora. I gave him the card (This Hat is Mine..") that Art Fawcett has inserted into every custom made leather sweat. He said he would look "this guy Art up." We spoke hats and he shared his enjoyment of Borsalino vintage hats. The other adoring fans and audience were much delayed as we spoke to motivating Pendleton to make some more versions of our beloved jackets. After the show he invited me for more hat and music conversation with himsoelf and his wife. I even got to play his beloved ERA signature guitar.

Loved the music and show. If Roy Bookbinder is in your backyard go and see hm enjoy the music and wear a fedora.

Best, Eric -

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
Bluegrass Festival Oct 5 2013

I am wearing my Penman custom ...playing guitar. The mandolin player is wearing a white straw, not sure of mfg.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
RIP Mr. Philip Chevron, best known as the guitarist for the Celtic punk band The Pogues, as well as his own band The Radiators. He passed today, age 56, after a battle with cancer.

PhilipChevronPogues_large.jpg

chevron.jpeg

Phil.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran