Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

I have heard Ronnie's widow can be quite litigious.

Can't blame her really. She collects $6figures a yr just for licensing the name.

I'm sure Ronnie had a few more hats than just one but if she didn't go after this kind of stuff aggressively I'm also sure there would be a gazillion hats out there with owners claiming to all be his, with no provenance to back them up.

Spudman

One of the Regulars
Well I should at least have a vague recollection of getting the ticket. I mean, I can still remember seeing Bob Marley in concert for Pete's sake.;)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Can't blame her really. She collects $6figures a yr just for licensing the name.

I'm sure Ronnie had a few more hats than just one but if she didn't go after this kind of stuff aggressively I'm also sure there would be a gazillion hats out there with owners claiming to all be his, with no provenance to back them up.

agreed

and his wife did her due diligence to find out if this was indeed the missing hat that she was looking for ... and indeed it is
it is the very hat that Ronnie is wearing in the video I posted

a former member of the road crew held on to it for nearly 25 years post plane crash when he then offered it to an auction house in Los Angeles where my buddy Tim scored it for 3 grand in I think 1991

in 1994 he started getting letters from Ronnies wifes lawyer

they first went after the auction house that had since closed down .. then they went after the member of the road crew and really could do nothing to him .. and have since been harassing Tim ... at first it was non stop ... serving him legal papers ... he was threatened a few times via phone... now about twice a year he hears from her lawyers

he jokes about how he is going to roll down to Florida and hit up the Freebird cafe for a BLT wearing the hat

not sure if she still owns the place .. but she once did

agreed

and his wife did her due diligence to find out if this was indeed the missing hat that she was looking for ... and indeed it is
it is the very hat that Ronnie is wearing in the video I posted

a former member of the road crew held on to it for nearly 25 years post plane crash when he then offered it to an auction house in Los Angeles where my buddy Tim scored it for 3 grand in I think 1991

in 1994 he started getting letters from Ronnies wifes lawyer

they first went after the auction house that had since closed down .. then they went after the member of the road crew and really could do nothing to him .. and have since been harassing Tim ... at first it was non stop ... serving him legal papers ... he was threatened a few times via phone... now about twice a year he hears from her lawyers

he jokes about how he is going to roll down to Florida and hit up the Freebird cafe for a BLT wearing the hat

not sure if she still owns the place .. but she once did
Careful, she's probably monitoring this conversation right now:eek:

The late Johnny Winter (RIP). I saw him within the last 5 yrs & while I enjoyed his show it was apparent his stamina was slipping away.

2z8xgts.jpg

148hq3q.jpg

The late Johnny Winter (RIP). I saw him within the last 5 yrs & while I enjoyed his show it was apparent his stamina was slipping away.

2z8xgts.jpg

148hq3q.jpg

Indeed. He sat in a folding chair for the last time I saw him, 3-4 years ago, and he had to be helped on and off stage. With the albino features and so skinny, he always did look a little sickly.

Boy could still tear up a fretboard tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo