Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Singing cowboys ... Wyoming.

1678970608359.png

chivaceae

New in Town
Country rock blues is a music genre I realy like, and Dave Alvin (from Downey, CA) is one of my favorite performers. In this video of the song "Downey to Lubbock", with Jimmie Dale Gilmore (from Lubbock, TX), Dave wears a "western-fedora" hat that I really like. There are other types of hats from the folks in this video (shot in a bar).
Raul

And here is Dave and his band members with some cool straw hats in the video of his hit "Johnny Ace is Dead" - superbly narrated (and I love the sound of that strat guitar).

Last edited:
Country rock blues is a music genre I realy like, and Dave Alvin (from Downey, CA) is one of my favorite performers. In this video of the song "Downey to Lubbock", with Jimmie Dale Gilmore (from Lubbock, TX), Dave wears a "western-fedora" hat that I really like. There are other types of hats from the folks in this video (shot in a bar).
Raul

And here is Dave and his band members with some cool straw hats in the video of his hit "Johnny Ace is Dead" - superbly narrated (and I love the sound of that strat guitar).

I'm looking forward to seeing him later this summer. We have a pavilion downtown that features free shows and he's on the bill. I probably would have skipped it, but John Doe of the John Doe trio (and lead guitarist for X) was talking him up during a show last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112