Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Must-Have Hats?

NY_Confidential

Familiar Face
Well, I've noticed that in my searches for hats online, and carousing through eBay..

after reading the board for a while and looking at the hats you gents have.. that there are just some hats a fella has to have.

Common idea? or am I just nuts?

Among the hats one must have, I think I've been looking for the following:

Dobbs Twenty
Resistol beaver 15/20/25
Mallory Cravenette of some sort..
Knox if you can find one that survived?
Anything out of Johnnyphi's store.. just because it's in Johnnyphi's store. (hehe, I bought 2 Adams that I like, mainly to snatch a tiny piece of the history surrounding his discovery in an attic)

And not my type, but I've noticed the Stetson Open Road is coveted on the board? And everyone seems to love an Akubra of any type.

and of course at some point in time I'd have to have made a hat by Optimo, one from Art Fawcett, and one by Mike Moore.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Keep in mind that the makes and models you named differ in quality based on the time period they are from. In my experience, the earlier the better. Pre 1940's of any brand would be ideal.

Remember not to let prestige or hype (toward a particular brand or style) be the determining factor in your "must have" list ;)

NY_Confidential

Familiar Face
Garrett said:
Keep in mind that the makes and models you named differ in quality based on the time period they are from. In my experience, the earlier the better. Pre 1940's of any brand would be ideal.

Remember not to let prestige or hype from these forums be the determining factor in your "must have" list ;)

You're right

but no, not prestige or hype. :)

but I do try to concentrate pre-mid-50s.

To me it seems these styles are most popular. -- or show up in "What Hat Are You Wearing Today" most often. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo