Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Akubra Campdraft put to hard use

univibe88

One Too Many
I thought you guys may enjoy a shot of my Campdraft after a weekend of rainy camping. Several of you know I beat this hat like a red headed stepchild (a-hem, hat dancing).

This past weekend was no exception. I shoved it in the saddlebag of my motorcycle and rode up to New Hampshire for the weekend. It rained almost all weekend, but my head was dry! It still smells like smoke from sitting by the campfire. It got shoved back in the saddlebag wet for the ride home.

84d039f6.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Well, I think your hat would be right at home on the head of a spaghetti western character, and I mean that as a compliment. I enjoy seeing what happens to hats after enduring rugged, rough conditions.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. That is the look I had in mind.

Yeah, for at least one or two hats in my collection, I would like to gradually acquire that sort of look, if not to the point of the ribbon falling off and the brim warped beyond recovery. Your hat still looks like it could be restored, if you wanted to. On another note, someday I've got to get myself a Man With No Name replica hat, or one that looks close...

Looks like it has developed a little more character there Karl.
Wet it again, punch out the crown, shape up the brim & go right back at it.
That is a tough lid & you know it.
Looks like it has plenty more dances left in it!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR