Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My attitude is NOT free!

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Petrified Forest

In the movie The Petrified Forest, starring Leslie Howard, Humphrey Bogart and Bette Davis (Bette as a young ingenue!) there was a sign over the bar that said "Keep your change. Tipping is Un-American."

I've never figured that one out. [huh]

I tip 20% and round up to the next dollar, and maybe another buck if I'm feeling magnanimous or if I was more demanding than usual. I can spare it and they can use it, and not worrying about a few bucks here and there removes a major stressor from my life.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Tony in Tarzana said:
In the movie The Petrified Forest, starring Leslie Howard, Humphrey Bogart and Bette Davis (Bette as a young ingenue!) there was a sign over the bar that said "Keep your change. Tipping is Un-American."

I've never figured that one out. [huh]
Thanks, that must be the movie I saw it in!

Baron Kurtz said:

Let me guess---you just leave a penny. You tightwad! :p
Your complaint about tipping for a beer reminds me of a complaint a friend of mine made when we were out together. The beer cost $3-4 and I left a dollar tip. I thought he was going to have an aneurism! That's too much and all this stuff. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh: What a tightwad.
I would have told him off if he wasn't 83. :D

Regards,

J

Caledonia

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
Scared of COW, are we? :p

Should I be? :p I never met a cow I didn't like, but a capitalised cow, now that needs some thinking about! :D (in very small embarrassed letters - I don't know what a capitalised cow is :eek: )

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Caledonia said:
I never met a cow I didn't like, but a capitalised cow, now that needs some thinking about! :D
COW stands for "Club Obi Wan", an online group that is very, very, VERY devoted to the Indiana Jones movies. (Obi Wan is the name of the fictional Chinese nightclub in the first scene of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".)

Caledonia

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
COW stands for "Club Obi Wan", an online group that is very, very, VERY devoted to the Indiana Jones movies. (Obi Wan is the name of the fictional Chinese nightclub in the first scene of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".)

lol Now it all makes sense. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24