My collection so far... What's next?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Ole K. Vik, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

2. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

Ole K. Vik likes this.
  3. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

Artelier Savas ?

Ole K. Vik likes this.
  4. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

Had to google that, not sure i have seen a worst fitting D pocket...
    Hard to believe they want $2700 dollars for that, and have the guts to describe it as "epitomizes cool elegance".
    There are IMO far better jackets one can buy for that amount...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

She does fully bespoke jackets starting at $5000

6. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

Look it up on YouTube. There’s a short film about the process. It’s quite interesting. Think it has $5000 in the title.

navetsea likes this.
  7. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I think @Monitor has it right...
    a vintage cafe racer.

Your collection is stellar, but could be rounded out with a cool “pre-loved” piece :)

Another member - @Superfluous has a similarly outstanding collection of modern jackets, and his vintage Buco J-100 is the crowning jewel IMO.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  8. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

Don't mean to sound rude, but seeing what she does for $2700 doesn't make me want to give her $5000!
    I'd rather get two custom Lost worlds, or 4 custom Vansons, i can think of at least 20 jackets i would buy before i gave her $5000!
    I actually saw the movie on youtube a couple years ago, had the same thoughts about it back then.
    To me it looks like she is aiming at having her name and the exclusivity be what makes the jacket be worth a lot, not the quality of the jacket itself.

Like look at the top stitch on the shoulder of that bespoke $5000 jacket:

[​IMG]

It's so wavy it looks like it was stiched in the dark, i would not be happy seeing that on an $100 H&M jacket, let alone on a $5000 jacket!

Edit: just noticed the inconsistent stitching on the left side of the collar point, you can see a bunch of super tight stitches, then one giant one, then it gets back to normal stitches. Not very neat...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  9. Spiney

Spiney Familiar Face

Not disputing that one bit. Like I said , it was interesting.

Carlos840 likes this.
  10. Ole K. Vik

Ole K. Vik Familiar Face

Wow... We're getting quite exotic here! This to me is alot like wine. There are some really high quality stuff out there where price seems to meet quality, or you get good bang for the buck if you wish. This seems to be the segment between around 1500 to 3000USD. Above that you pay alot for the last percent of perfection, or maybe you even get lured into thinking that just because it is extremely expensive it must be great. From what I can see from your great suggestions there are quite a few really nice options for custom made jackets out there for a reasonable price, or at least a high price that still sort of can make sense...

Spiney likes this.
  11. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

If you do come to London, let me know, I would be happy to show you something different :)

And I will second Electric Leather Studio, I have a lot of idea to go through them, sadly delayed by Covid.

You could also go for a short jacket with buttons, Thedi has some great ones

You can explore new colours as well as in red obviously :D

Spiney, Ole K. Vik and powerserge like this.
  12. King B

King B One of the Regulars

Your collection is very serious!

Spiney and Ole K. Vik like this.
  13. Ole K. Vik

Ole K. Vik Familiar Face

I am intrigued by the thought of vintage Buco... :D Could you offer some advice on how to go about that? I live in Norway, which means in practical life NO vintage markert. I have to rely on online purchases or personal contacts. Would love to hear your opinions on this!

Spiney likes this.
  14. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

I remember the vid, jacket and a hug and lunch date.

El Marro and Spiney like this.
  15. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

Great to have a fellow norwegian here. Your collection is pretty amazing already, but I would suggest something longer to compliment it further. Something like a Freewheelers Switchyard would blend in really well with the other jackets and boots you already have and it would be perfect for those chillier spring and autumn days :)

Spiney likes this.
  16. Ole K. Vik

Ole K. Vik Familiar Face

Nice to hear from you! Sure would need something long and warm these days... It is mighty cold out there! I see a returning advice is get something longer, so I'll have to check what my options are there. Freewheelers is not a bad place to start!

Fonzie, Spiney and Imuricecreamman like this.
  17. Edward

Edward Bartender

Mn. I like the look of the zips, but the fit - and the overly long body - look cheap, imo. There are some brands out there whose pricing seems to me far more to do with market positioning and perceived exclusivity than quality, but hey ho.

Spiney likes this.
  18. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

That jacket is like a sad, tired old Vanson Chopper with low self esteem. Makes me sad and tired just looking at it!