Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Custom Aero NYPD/Highwayman Hybrid in memory of my Indian Police Chief Grandfather

Navin323i

Practically Family
too much coffee said:
Navin;
You did a splendid job on the customization. The fit looks great on you. I'm sure your Grandfather is very proud of you being the good husband and father that we all strive to be. Super jacket!
Regards...........coffee

P.S. I like the glasses also!

Thank you so much, Coffee!! Glad you like the glasses too. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
1087 said:
Tha's an outstanding jacket Naveen!
Congratulations!!:eusa_clap
I'm working with Amanda now to order my Custom made Aero.

Thank you!! I'm sure you'll love your Aero!! I noticed how you spelled my name... there are 2 spellings for my name and the spelling for my name is the other way... "Navin". It's all good though... people would probably have an easier time pronouncing my name if it was spelled with 2 "e"'s. :D

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
Thank you!! I'm sure you'll love your Aero!! I noticed how you spelled my name... there are 2 spellings for my name and the spelling for my name is the other way... "Navin". It's all good though... people would probably have an easier time pronouncing my name if it was spelled with 2 "e"'s. :D

Yeah, I'm looking forward to my Aero.
About your name spelling i did it in purpose because you can't deny it blends better with your new jacket!;)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
It looks really good on you. Congratulations!
Armlength looks perfect.

Did you ask them to not include the holes for the badge?

Navin323i

Practically Family
1087 said:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to my Aero.
About your name spelling i did it in purpose because you can't deny it blends better with your new jacket!;)

What Aero are you getting? Haha... I'm still trying to figure out how "Naveen" blends better with my new jacket versus "Navin". :D

Actually the Sanskrit meaning for Navin (or Naveen) means "new", hence my new Aero jacket is translated to Navin Aero jacket. :D

Navin323i

Practically Family
Cooperson said:
Great jacket - first one I've seen in this style. Congratulations and enjoy!

Thanks Cooperson!! Hope you've been doing well.

Yeah, when I approached Mark Moye about my plans to get this jacket and my desire to have something unique, he told me that in all his years of working with Aero Leather, he's only sold 2 of these NYPD jackets (so I'd have the uniqueness factor right there plus all the customizations I did making it fully unique)... so I'm #3 to get the NYPD but the first one to do a NYPD/Highwayman combination. :D

Navin323i

Practically Family
GriffDeLaGriff said:
It looks really good on you. Congratulations!
Armlength looks perfect.

Did you ask them to not include the holes for the badge?

Thanks Griff! Yes, I asked them not to include the holes (grommets) for the badge, however they left one grommet hole on the tip of each collar... no worries though... it's not very noticeable. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
jacketquest said:
Congrats on the awesome jacket! I always appreciate seeing peoples' own photos. They look so much better than the manufacturers' stock ones.

Thanks! I agree with you too about how it's better to see actual photos of these jackets from the owners versus the generic manufacturers' ones. :)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Navin323i said:
Thanks Griff! Yes, I asked them not to include the holes (grommets) for the badge, however they left one grommet hole on the tip of each collar... no worries though... it's not very noticeable. :)

Oh yeah, now I see them. Are they there for something special, or just as a detail?

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
What Aero are you getting? Haha... I'm still trying to figure out how "Naveen" blends better with my new jacket versus "Navin". :D

Actually the Sanskrit meaning for Navin (or Naveen) means "new", hence my new Aero jacket is translated to Navin Aero jacket. :D

lol I give up Navin!
About the Aero I'm leaning towards the King of the Road.
I'm waiting for some swatch samples from Amanda.
I'm not going to order from The Few because they did not have the hide color that I was looking for.
So I will get one from Amanda and one custom from John Chapman ( I'm getting old).:D

Navin323i

Practically Family
1087 said:
lol I give up Navin!
About the Aero I'm leaning towards the King of the Road.
I'm waiting for some swatch samples from Amanda.
I'm not going to order from The Few because they did not have the hide color that I was looking for.
So I will get one from Amanda and one custom from John Chapman ( I'm getting old).:D

Good morning! Great choice of Aero jacket! What's your name? I'm guessing you're possibly of Indian origin since you knew the other spelling of my name. :D

What is The Few? I assume John Chapman is a leather maker as well?

Navin

Navin323i

Practically Family
GriffDeLaGriff said:
Oh yeah, now I see them. Are they there for something special, or just as a detail?

I'm assuming the collar grommets are functional... maybe to put a pin/badge of some sort on the collars.

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
Good morning! Great choice of Aero jacket! What's your name? I'm guessing you're possibly of Indian origin since you knew the other spelling of my name. :D

What is The Few? I assume John Chapman is a leather maker as well?

Navin

Good morning Navin;
My name is Carlos and I'm from Argentina.
The Few is part of the Real Mc Coys in New Zealand.
John Chapman owns the Goodwear Leather Co., and he does outstanding high end quality jackets.

Navin323i

Practically Family
1087 said:
Good morning Navin;
My name is Carlos and I'm from Argentina.
The Few is part of the Real Mc Coys in New Zealand.
John Chapman owns the Goodwear Leather Co., and he does outstanding high end quality jackets.

Great to meet you, Carlos. I was sort of close in guessing where you're from... India, Argentina... close enough. :D

I'll have to check out those sites if they have one.

Navin323i

Practically Family
^^^^ Thanks Carlos!

On a separate note, I love the picture below because behind me you can see a picture of my infant daughter... it's almost like she's giving me a look of approval for getting this jacket.

NavinAeroPolice9b.jpg

Maybe it's just me but when I wear this jacket I feel like I'm wearing body armor... I feel like I'm wearing the batman suit that Christian Bale wears minus the headgear, pants, etc.. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24