Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Custom Art Fawcett Straw Has Arrived!

Technonut

Practically Family
I have really wanted a straw fedora as close to my Federation Deluxe Indy as possible for quite some time now... About a month back, I contacted Art Fawcett to see if he was up to the challenge. Art was more than happy to send out a conformer to measure my head for a truly custom fit, and get the order rolling. ;) I received the conformer in a matter of days, measured my head, and sent it back promptly...

I found this on my porch today....

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2316B.jpg

IMG_2308B.jpg

Side by side with the Federation Deluxe:

IMG_2321.jpg

The hat is beyond my expectations... :eusa_clap The straw body has a VERY nice 4-500 weave count, The fit is dead-on, and the style is EXACTLY what I wanted... I would (and WILL) do business with Art again for my next custom fedora purchase...

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
That's a fabulous hat!! Very slick!!
Another great addition to your fine hat collection.

I remember the suit you got on e-bay a few weeks ago. You got some fine threads, techno. The ladies always appreciate a gent that takes pride in his appearance.

As for Art's workmanship, "you get what you pay for". Enjoy the hat.

fatwoul

Practically Family
So I was looking at the pictures in this thread, having not read a word of it, and I said to myself "hey, that's an indy fed, but in straw!". Then I read that was exactly what was intended. Good job as always from Art, and you wear it very well.

Technonut

Practically Family
Prairie Dog said:
That's a fabulous hat!! Very slick!!
Another great addition to your fine hat collection.

I remember the suit you got on e-bay a few weeks ago. You got some fine threads, techno. The ladies always appreciate a gent that takes pride in his appearance.

As for Art's workmanship, "you get what you pay for". Enjoy the hat.

Thanks Prairie Dog... I am blessed to have a VERY classy lady that appreciates my appearance, and wears vintage clothing herself :)

fatwoul said:
So I was looking at the pictures in this thread, having not read a word of it, and I said to myself "hey, that's an indy fed, but in straw!". Then I read that was exactly what was intended. Good job as always from Art, and you wear it very well.

Thanks fatwoul! I am glad that you spotted the style straight-away.. :)

AlanC said:
Very nice--congratulations!

Thank you AlanC.. :)

surely said:
surely very tasty. the pictures seen to indicate that the rear of the crown was indented. accident or intentional?

That would be me fooling with the rear of the hat some... :eek: I will get it straightened out.. ;) The pic from the back wearing the hat is how it should look though...

deanglen said:
This is the type of hat that blew the boaters out of the water. Terrific!

Appreciate the compliment deanglen... :)

carter said:
Very nice!

Art, well done as always! Let's go fishing!

Carter

Thanks carter! :)

Technonut

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
Excuse me while I mop up the drool! Great hat... as if I would expect anything less from either of you! :eusa_clap

Thanks Not-Bogart13... :) I have to get around to posting some pics @ COW soon.... ;)

indycop

BJBAmerica

Razzman

apipeguy

RBH

Mark Brody

Thanks for the compliments and kind words.... :)

Art Fawcett said:
Thanks for the post Technonut, it looks good on you. Also thank you for the kind comments Gents.

No problem Art... :) The hat is VERY post worthy, and I enjoyed sharing it with the forum. Thank YOU for the compliment, and a GREAT hat!!...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany