Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My European Hat Buying Adventure - Video

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
Ok.... I had to brag about my recent hat purchases on our trip from Portland to Chicago to NYC and then all over Europe. Most all of my friends could care less about my new hats but I thought this group might be interested. So I whipped together a video.

Great video and great hats. I especially like the one you purchased in Nuremberg. Good job!

Bigger Don

Practically Family
Ok.... I had to brag about my recent hat purchases on our trip from Portland to Chicago to NYC and then all over Europe. Most all of my friends could care less about my new hats but I thought this group might be interested. So I whipped together a video.

Great job! You've raised the bar on sharing, plus, once again, I learned something everyone else seems to have known.

Thanks

Added: How the heck did you have only a 40% overrun on your skimpy budget?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Cool vid
Sounds like a good trip.
You got off cheap. :)

and I think you were referring to Kevin ... who doesn't work at the store you went to but their sister store called Pork Pie Hatters on E 9th St.

He was at JJ long ago but has manned PPH since they opened

Great video! I have been to Hut Brömme Nürnberg (they also have a location Erlangen) and have a good number of vintage hats that were sold by them. For example this 75th Anniversary (1953) Homburg made by Wegener.

24943332905_caafa7c499_b.jpg

24850011221_a36364df0a_b.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I couldn't have stayed within my budget as well as you did. I think I would have picked up hats in both Chicago and NY and shipped them home or to my daughter for safe keeping before I flew off to Europe. You're a stronger man than I. :D

jackm

One of the Regulars

That was a great adventure.

EstherWeis

Vendor

Thank you for that wonderful video!
I really enjoyed. I can see the scene in the Borsalino store, good old parisians...
Next time you pass by my neck of the woods let me know :)

KY Crusader

A-List Customer
I couldn't have stayed within my budget as well as you did. I think I would have picked up hats in both Chicago and NY and shipped them home or to my daughter for safe keeping before I flew off to Europe. You're a stronger man than I. :D
Exactly what I was thinking. In my opinion, you are a pillar of moderation!

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bravo! Oh, my gosh. What a fun and inspiring trip. The hats all look good on you. As a bit of a European travel geek myself, I always think it's cool and helpful to have a theme that ties a trip together. Am jealous. My wife would shoot me if I spent that much on hats on one trip. Well done. You are a guy who I would not hesitate to have a beer with. How many hats do you own anyways?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner