Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first Borsalino, and it was free!

Griemersma

One of the Regulars
After a long time offline, I'm back with a pic of my new hat:

IMG_6250.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's the story:

A friend of mine works in a goodwill/thrift store type of place. I had looked there before and not really found anything worthwhile. Anyhow, the other day she and her husband stopped by to visit, and just as they were leaving, she said she had something for me in her car. To my surprise, she pulled a hatbox out of the back seat. It was a Stetson hatbox, but when I opened it up, inside was a grey Borsalino. I figured that, with my luck, it probably wouldn't fit, but when I tried it on, it seemed just about right. Needless to say, I thanked her repeatedly. That's what friends are for.

Anyhow, what do you guys think? Any way to guess the vintage on it? It has a few slightly dirty spots on it, but the inside is clean. It fits a bit differently from my only other "real hat" (an old Open Road clone), but I think it looks pretty decent.

--G.R.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think it is fantastic. You have some great friends:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap You lucky stiff. Definitely better than decent!!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a PIP, bro'

You must've been living right, my friend. Hearty congrats' on that score.
Dating it might be more feasible if you could post photos of the sweat & liner as well as any extant tags found beneath the sweat

Razzman

One Too Many
Very classy hat. At an affordable price too. Great hat, great friends, it doesn't get any better than that. Congratulations:eusa_clap That hat is a beauty. Looks quite dapper on you too.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
My first Borso was free too - I inherited it from a family friend who'd died. It's a tan Alessandria, currently awaiting renovation. I'm going to have the sweat monogrammed with his initials - that much of him, at least, will live on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav