Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Work of Art!

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
I got home from work today to find this:
uspbox.jpg

Knowing that I had better take pictures for my friends on FL, here is what you see when you open the plain cardboard box.
openbox.jpg

Here is the hat box (very classy!).
hatbox.jpg

Check out the first view in the hat box!
openhatbox.jpg

This is one of Art's new red liners (I didn't know I was getting one).
liner.jpg

And Art's signature:
signature.jpg

The most important part, the hat!
hat.jpg

hatbow.jpg

It's the Sportaire from Art's Limited Editions. It fits wonderfully and looks great.
Hard to believe he made this while he has all those trees to cut down. There no doubt I will be saving for another VS!

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
That is one of the most exciting posts I've seen, ever! My heart rate still hasn't slowed down. Superb hat, in every way!
This is for Art, who built it; and for you, who had the good taste to be his patron: :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Thanks!
My wife is giving me looks because I have hardly taken it off! (I know - bad manners to have it on in the house but I can't help myself!)
Art is quite a guy. I hope I didn't bother him too much during this process. Guess I'll find out if he ignores my emils when I want to buy another hat from him! ;)

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Alon said:
Beautiful!

I love hats of unusual colours, but how do you match it with your wardrobe?

It's a bit darker than it looks in the pictures. Goes well with browns like my leather jacket. As you can see from the liner it goes well with red too and I have a few red dress shirts.

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
feltfan said:
The hat's nice, but take note of that packaging.
Top knotch.

The real question is, which model Victrola is that?

Good eye! :eusa_clap It's a VV-IX. The first Victrola I purchased. It's probably my favorite one.

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
J.T.Marcus said:
That is one of the most exciting posts I've seen, ever! My heart rate still hasn't slowed down. Superb hat, in every way!
This is for Art, who built it; and for you, who had the good taste to be his patron: :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks J.T. I was trying to show what it was like to get one of Art's hats. BTW, my heart rate has not slowed down either!
As far as having the good taste to be his patron; it was because of everyone on the Fedora Lounge and the posts about Art's great hats that got me here!

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Now that I finally have a fedora, I can speak with some authority on the subject lol.....

Awesome hat! I'll definitely be getting one from him. Hopefully sooner than later. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Boy when I saw the first pic with the box I had flashbacks!!:D :D That is pretty much what I am saving up for now, Dark moss!! Just trying to decide if it will be a pin hat or not.

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL !! AND THAT LINER!!!!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

B R A N D X®

Familiar Face
The perfect post for me because I just emailed Art about an hour ago to let him know I wanted this same hat. Thanks for the detailed picture posting. Your photo's really confirm that I made the right decision!!

Congrats and wear it in good health!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MrF, that is a great looking hat! Congratulations! And thanks for the great post and pics...one of the best I've seen here. I definitely see a work of Art in my future.

Bob

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
MrFusion said:
I got home from work today to find this:
uspbox.jpg

Knowing that I had better take pictures for my friends on FL, here is what you see when you open the plain cardboard box.
openbox.jpg

Here is the hat box (very classy!).
hatbox.jpg

Check out the first view in the hat box!
openhatbox.jpg

This is one of Art's new red liners (I didn't know I was getting one).
liner.jpg

And Art's signature:
signature.jpg

The most important part, the hat!
hat.jpg

hatbow.jpg

It's the Sportaire from Art's Limited Editions. It fits wonderfully and looks great.
Hard to believe he made this while he has all those trees to cut down. There no doubt I will be saving for another VS!

Wow...wow....wow....drool...wow:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR