Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Kitchen is Finally Done!

Rosie

One Too Many
Finally!

But, my camera is busted so I can't take pictures of it as of yet. :( I would use my camera phone but it takes really horrible pictures.

Tonight, I washed dishes in the sink instead of the bathtub. It was GREAT!

Pics to follow after I pursuade one of my friends to come over with their camera.

Rosie

One Too Many
Oh, I don't have patience to upload all of the pics

A little background-

Houses in my neighborhood are selling like hotcakes for ridiculous prices. Apartments are going for about 2000 a month. I have a two family home, I have/had a duplex and I rent out the floor above me.

I decided to get a permit to make my house a three family home and am currently in the midst of renovating downstairs into a garden apartment. This will come in very handy as I'm seriously considering either
a) going back to school for my Ph.D or
b) continuing school to finish my administrative degree/lisence or
c) saying goodbye to education and starting a bakery/cafe

I live upstairs only now and have turned my laundry room/studio into a kitchen.

Once downstairs is completed, I'll share pics of that. Hopefully, I'll have a decent camera by then.

My kitchen is sort of vintage-y/modern. This is the first time I've designed a kitchen from scratch. I did some of the work myself. But the majority of the work, water, gas lines, flooring, etc. was started by a horrible person, but finished by a friend of the family who is a contractor. He worked for really cheap, meals and cakes.

071907_19211.jpg

I was going to get a pot rack but decided to just put the pots on the wall. I like the look. There's the vintage red phone I just got.

071907_19212.jpg

stove, washing machine, cabinets and shelves. I went with open shelves because this room get so much light, I didn't want big boxes on the walls ruining the sunshine. Plus, in a yellow room, I wanted as much light as possible. My vintage canisters, glass jars and my 1953 MixMaster.

071907_19223.jpg

My vintage fridge (not the one my dad has in the basement), I WILL get that one refinished one day! This was a closet. I took the door off and pushed the fridge in. I didn't like where it was originally. Here is my brand new extended window! It's huge. My vintage bread box sits atop the fridge.

071907_19232.jpg

071907_19222.jpg

I LOVE this faucet! I got it on the bay for 19.98, including shipping. It's a Bach that should have cost 180! Yay! ebay!
Here is part of new but messy living room. It's a lot less formal than my old living room. I like it too.

071907_19241.jpg

My vintage stove. :D

I wanted to show off my new bathroom but the pictures are way too dark. That's it for now. I'll show better pics when I get a better camera.

Sunny

One Too Many
Oh, how cute and cozy! I love the yellow and I adore the big windows. Heck, there's a reason for my username! ;)

Rosie

One Too Many
Thanks guys, you're all so sweet. I still have to get accustomed to living on one floor. In the morning, I always have the urge to run downstairs for breakfast.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Great pics Rosie! Open cabs are all the rage again anyway... just as they were in the odlen days. LOVE the phone, breadbox and canisters! The pots look good on the wall.
Wish I would hire someone for food, lol!
Nice living room too. That's funny that you still want to go downstairs, that would be a hard habit to break.

Nice yellow on the walls, I'm thinking it's very close to the shade I have in my kitchen and your floor looks the same too? NO?
http://flickr.com/photos/85469550@N00/620751803/in/set-72157600477994855/

Best wishes with your school or bakery plans!
Nikki

Rosie

One Too Many
ooo, I love the red hutch in your ktichen. I can get some other things in mine, I was going to doa breakfast bar with more red accents. I LOVE red in the house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass