Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My leather jacket database.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you have an accurate way to weigh your LW jackets i would love the info too...
Carlos,
All this talk of jacket weights last week prompted me to act. I bought a Dr. meter fish scale which arrived this morning. I have now weighed my LW’s and they are as follows:

CHP (size 46) 7.75 lbs
Ryder (size 44) 4.79

To be honest this really surprised me, I thought that the CHP was heavier and the Ryder was lighter. The two jackets feel so different when worn that I didn’t think the Ryder weighed as much as it does.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I think the feeling of heaviness from person to person might vary depending on how much percentage the weight of the jacket to bodyweight of the wearer.

Logician

One of the Regulars
Lost Worlds, Leathertogs, Size 42L, 2020:

Pit to pit: 22.5”
Back length: 25.25”
Front length: 22.5”
Bottom hem: 20.5”
Shoulders: 19.5”
Arms length:25.25”

Weight: 3.44kg / 7.58lb

TqNgTxq.jpg

49TDKUk.jpg

tW9YpLV.jpg
Hi Carlos,
Do you have a review for this one? Is it 3.5 oz (can't find it on FL)? Is the fit tighter than the J-23? I am considering ordering one in HH 3.5-4 oz (or perhaps the B). Thanks in advance for the info.
FYI I already have 6 LW (3 Suburban, 2 Test (all 4.0+ oz HH) and 1 Courrier (3.0 oz Goat). All 42R, except one green 40R Suburban, which is really tight (no room for layering). I am 5'9, 160 pound, long arms, have an athletic built and a flat stomach. I prefer my jackets a little less snug than you do.

red devil

Hi Carlos,
Do you have a review for this one? Is it 3.5 oz (can't find it on FL)? Is the fit tighter than the J-23? I am considering ordering one in HH 3.5-4 oz (or perhaps the B). Thanks in advance for the info.
FYI I already have 6 LW (3 Suburban, 2 Test (all 4.0+ oz HH) and 1 Courrier (3.0 oz Goat). All 42R, except one green 40R Suburban, which is really tight (no room for layering). I am 5'9, 160 pound, long arms, have an athletic built and a flat stomach. I prefer my jackets a little less snug than you do.

The fit of the leathertogs is maybe a bit tighter than the J23/24. My B is tighter than my A, both being 44R. But the A is 3oz and the B over 4

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Hi Carlos,

No Review of the LT A yet, i thought i did it already but no...
I can't really see/feel a difference in tightness between the J-23 and the LT A.
To me they both feel like hey have the same amount of room when worn.
I have seen people say that the J-23 is a tight jacket and needs to be ordered a size up and things like that but i wear a size 42L in all my LW and they all fit similarly.
Basically, i would reccomend you order your regular LW size and discuss the details with Stu, it's probably your best bet.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
As a professional mechanic for 47 years, in recharging air conditioning's they require a precise amount of freon to be added. i used a freon scale to measure 4 jackets. Did not measure any of my LL goat or Cow Jackets or my Cal LAPD
LW Trojan HH size 44 with the fur collar but forgot the belt 7.8 lb 3.5 kg
LW J23 HH 46s forgot the collar & belt 7.56 lb 3.43 kg
Aero Chips HH size 40 5.6 lb 2.5 kg
Cal Leather Cross zip size 44 5.7 lb 2.6 kg

Love the jackets! Do you have them in a safe? LOL.

sweetfights

Hi Carlos,

I was a 42 in LW Suburban but correctly sized up to a 44 for the J23. This was my experience with 4 oz Suburbans and a 3.5 oz J23.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
All things considered Charles, do you have a favorite?

I do.
If i had to pic one brand, i would say without a second thought that my favourite brand is LW. (Vanson close secound)
Within all my LW, the one that i reach for most often is my J-23, it has all the things i want and find cool in a leather jacket, and it is the first one i got.
Close second/third would be my LW LT/A and LT/B on even footing.
Fourth would be my custom Vanson commando ( front center rail in above pic).
Fith would be my FW LaBrea.

My Langlitz columbia and JL Langlitz copy should be up there too, but i still don't wear them as much as the previously mentionned.

marker2037

Practically Family
I do.
If i had to pic one brand, i would say without a second thought that my favourite brand is LW. (Vanson close secound)
Within all my LW, the one that i reach for most often is my J-23, it has all the things i want and find cool in a leather jacket, and it is the first one i got.
Close second/third would be my LW LT/A and LT/B on even footing.
Fourth would be my custom Vanson commando ( front center rail in above pic).
Fith would be my FW LaBrea.

My Langlitz columbia and JL Langlitz copy should be up there too, but i still don't wear them as much as the previously mentionned.
I would have to agree that the Lost Worlds Leathertogs A and J-23 are two of my favorites of yours as well.

Are there any jackets that you just don't wear much if any, but are just happy to have in your collection? The Himel comes to mind, which is a shame...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ