Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My lucky day...

Rhofal

New in Town
While I was visiting my grandfather (aged 93, still living by himself) today, I told him that I bought a new hat. So he said "why don't you take a look upstairs, I still have a couple you can take if you like them".

So I'm now the proud owner of two vintage hats; a grey Albertini De Luxe (says 1817 inside, I assume that's the model) and a black Brummel's.

On top of that, while I was rummaging in the attic for something else, I stumbled upon two vintage cameras. A Voigtländer Bessa 1 and a Vest Pocket Kodak (produced between 1912 -1926). Both seem to be in pretty good shape, hardly any dust and no visible blemishes.

I guess I'll have to go to a single's bar next to check if my lucky streak goes on lol

PS: I also saw two big boxes of old magazines at my grandfather's; looked like 50's or 60's era to me. I'll ask him if I can have those when I visit him next time.

Cheers,
Peter

Rhofal

New in Town
Lincsong said:
Excellent find there. How are the bands and ribbon?

They're in excellent condition, wouldn't be able to tell they were ever worn...

The black one did gather some dust on the top though, I'm going to take both of them to a good old-fashioned hat shop close to home for professional cleaning (I also need the size adjusted from 56 to 57 cm). I've read the great posts on how to take care of hats yourself, but these are dear to me, so I don't want to take any risks...

Rhofal

New in Town
MrNewportCustom said:
Did you buy a lottery ticket? lol

Incredible find! Nice cameras! :)

Lee

Forgot about that one, Lee... [huh]

However, I did meet up with two lady friends at the local House of Negotiable Affection. I had lost contact with them for over three years and they were extremely happy to see me (so was I, but I told them it was a gun in my pocket lol ).

I used to work there as an etiquette advisor, helping customers remember that seeing is done with the eyes, not the hands ;)

Cheers,
Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany