Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My (meager) Hat Collection

Hap

New in Town
Hello Folks,

Since I'm new here I thought you all might be interested in seeing some of my hats. In my first post I mentioned my old Stetson - I have a few other hats as well.

2999532505_c51c4ea8ce.jpg

2999538079_3cde463d3d.jpg

This is my old Dobbs - it was a yardsale find - not sure of it's age, but it's pretty old. This is my only honest-to-goodness Fedora.

3000373056_a58b1c411b.jpg

This is my "Indy" hat - it's the wool felt version. I know it's not really like the Indiana Jones hat but it was close enough for my Halloween costume (and was much better quality than the ones at the costume shops. This came from a western hat/boot shop and was on sale for $35. It's stiff like a western hat which bugs me because it seems impossible to reshape it in any way.

2999536007_22ce060236.jpg

This is my cheap Country Gentleman - I bought it because it's waterproof and crushable and looks pretty good too. It can be stuffed in my suitcase and survive the stuffing. Looks better with a suit than a baseball cap.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey, Hap; welcome!

Nothin' wrong with any of those lids. I particularly like the looks of the Dobbs and the Stetson.

Wow, a musician in Nashville!? What are the odds of that!? If I'm up that way I'd like to add a little harmonica to the mix...

All the best,

G

Hap

New in Town
Harmonica was my first instrument

Hey HarpPlayerGene,

I've always loved the harmonica - it was my first instrument as a kid, my grandfather gave me one years ago when I was a wee lad. I still play one - they go well with ukulele (which is, by far, my favorite instrument).
I'd love to have you sit in with my uke band if you're ever in Nashville. We're the one and only ukulele band in town. www.ukedelics.com

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Nice shots, Hap! I'm envious of you musically capable types, let me say. I tortured several instruments before realizing that a fella needs a shred of talent to go along with sheer will. Keep that music (and those pictures) coming!:eusa_clap

kowalskt63

Familiar Face
Country Gentleman

The Country Gentleman hat you have, the "Clooney", was my first hat purchase. I'll have to warn ya. It led to many many more hat purchases. Just a warning, cause your meager collection won't be meager for long. Enjoy!

Hap

New in Town
the mandolin

AlanC - that mando on the wall is a Kentucky - it's my beater - that thing can really take the abuse that I dish out.

Hap

New in Town
Hey ET - regarding the Ukedelics, no we don't have a CD yet, but we are working on it. Glad you like the website.

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
nice collection, your Dobbs looks a bit like my Stetson...I'm starting to get into the stingy brim hats....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou