Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Two Tone J106 in FQHH

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Here's a photo of that stitching
IMG_5885.jpg

Powerband

Practically Family
Your jackets have come a long way since the cool Vanson Comet you sold me. Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feliksas

One of the Regulars
I just received my leather samples from Aero, and I can confirm that the natural cxl horse hide is just like every other cxl leather, i.e., it doesn't soak in grease. I cut off a strip and tried to apply Huberd's shoe grease to no avail. It doesn't soak in, and so doesn't really change the colour of the leather. It's hard to say whether it's worth applying at all, but I suppose it explains why cxl jackets last so long.

Has anyone had extensive experience with the veg tanned horse hides? I like pullup leather, or veg tanned leather, since I can polish it, from my army days--but maybe cxl is ultimately superior in terms of longevity.

Feliksas

One of the Regulars
@AeroFan_07, post pictures, write a blog post about it!

I've actually always avoided cxl, maybe because of ignorance, for my whole life. Having gotten these samples, my mind is slowly changing, and I might have to get a new pair of William Lennon boots to go with my new jacket to get the full picture...

Edward

Bartender
@AeroFan_07, how do you feel about slightly different coloured stitching on a brown/tan jacket? I'm toying with the idea of getting olive drab stitching to go with my ex-army adventurer look, but fear it might be over the top, as the J-106 is already a busy jacket, especially the ba***rd version I'm having built with a King of the Road back.

I have an Aero A2 in seal goat with olive drab stitching. It's subtle until you spot it, and then when it does catch your eye it really pops. Highly recommended.

Feliksas

One of the Regulars
Sounds great. How about a pair of White's? https://www.whitesboots.com/#/page/home

I'll be starting a blog similar to yours for this pair shortly, your details wound up inspiring me to write about them as they break in. I have several pair and all are different.

View attachment 163437

I only wear brown combat boots, which severely limits my options and makes most custom jobs too expensive :p I'll pay a 1000 pounds for a jacket because it should last longer than my boots, but to pay 1000 for a custom Wesco or White's build doesn't make sense for me, as I've never had a pair of boots (except for now maybe WL) last more than 2 years of hard wear.

I even have Munson lasts and Tim Skyrme's bespoke shoemaking, as I'm chasing a Munson last combat boot that just doesn't exist today--I like the Corcoran look, but I find that the leather is sh*t, they never last me more than 6 months.

Feliksas

One of the Regulars
I have an Aero A2 in seal goat with olive drab stitching. It's subtle until you spot it, and then when it does catch your eye it really pops. Highly recommended.
@Edward, I'm excited to see how mine comes out then!

Although now I'm getting nervous that measurements I took for my J-106 are wrong, and it won't fit :D What's the turnaround on an Aero jacket? 8 Weeks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko