Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Akubra

Jerekson

One Too Many
The main difference between the Federation and the Adventurer, based on what I've seen, is that the Adventurer is not an Indiana Jones hat, and the Federation is (or at least, has the dimensions for one). The Adventurer has a tapered crown, and a disproportioned brim for anything screen-accurate. It makes a better Aussie/Safari hat than an Indy.

K

Kaosharper1

Old vs. New Adventurer

Jerekson:

Are you thinking of the old Adventurer? The new one just went on sale (12/15/07) and while I'm new to this, it does look like an "Indy" hat though it is not up to an AB.

http://www.davidmorgan.com/product_info.php?products_id=1128

It seems to have a wider brim (1/4") than the Fed, but otherwise looks about the same with a straight crown.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Yeah, perhaps I was thinking of something else...I wasn't aware there was a "new" Adventurer?

genphideaux

New in Town
Kaosharper1 said:
Jerekson:

Are you thinking of the old Adventurer? The new one just went on sale (12/15/07) and while I'm new to this, it does look like an "Indy" hat though it is not up to an AB.

http://www.davidmorgan.com/product_info.php?products_id=1128

It seems to have a wider brim (1/4") than the Fed, but otherwise looks about the same with a straight crown.

According to the few that have the new one the brim is 2 13/16 X 2 11/16, which would make it shorter in the front and back and a bit wider on the sides than a fed dlx. I'll let you know when I get mine next week. I am going to compare it to my fed dlx, supposed to be a dark brown with no red tint.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I bought a squatter from "Everything Austrailian". It was a little less expensive than on the other sites ($80.00 US). But it was a Superfine quality versus the Imperial quality fur felt. The hat arrived pre-formed but after steaming it and re-forming it I was pleased with the end result. Can someone tell me how much difference there is in the Superfine felt compared to the Imperial?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot