Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Borsalino.....

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I didn't get it yet, so all I have are the pics from OFAS.
Here's the Link
I don't know if I got a good deal or not, but I am excited to be getting my 1st Borso, and it looks to be in pretty good shape, nothing that a bit of steam & a good cleaning won't take care of.

What do you all think?

fatwoul

Practically Family
It looks a bit dented up, but nothing you can't take care of I know. Looks like a nice find to be, although I am a know-nothing newbie.

I'm guessing that "pocket hat" means it can be rolled up and stuck in your pocket (probably says that on the page somewhere), which I suppose is why its dented.

As for the size...5?!? That's a tiny, tiny hat. Or is this on a different sizing scale?

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
aliados said:
..., the hat can be folded or rolled like a panama.

Wouldn't this crown liner (of the yellow cellophane type) crackle, when the hat is folded? Or after being folded a number of times?

BTW, a 'pocket hat' was delivered in a big hat box, apparently. Probably because Borsalino was an elite brand.

Bantam Man

A

Ande1963

Nice! I know I looked at and wanted it.

Stupid big head.

Anj

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Bantam Man said:
Wouldn't this crown liner (of the yellow cellophane type) crackle, when the hat is folded? Or after being folded a number of times?

BTW, a 'pocket hat' was delivered in a big hat box, apparently. Probably because Borsalino was an elite brand.

Bantam Man
They do tend to get a thin point in the top of the crown where the point of the roll is, if they've been rolled a lot over the years.

and my pocket hat came in one of the little triangular roll up boxes.

DOUGLAS

Nice hat Bolthead, You are going to be very pleased with it.I have one and Aliados is right you will be able to change the crease at will. I won the other one from this seller in brown.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Was the "pocket hat" a model name only used by this store?
The one I have that's actually labeled pocket hat is from the same place.

eaglerich

New in Town
And I won the third one, although I bid on all three. I knew when I lifted my first vintage Borsalino out of the box a few weeks ago that I would have to have more. The hat I just won will be my fourth Borsalino. The styling and workmanship are fantastic, and the felt is unbelievable. You made a great buy, and you will love that hat.

bolthead

DOUGLAS said:
Nice hat Bolthead, You are going to be very pleased with it.I have one and Aliados is right you will be able to change the crease at will. I won the other one from this seller in brown.
This is good to know Douglas, are you happy with yours from this seller?

I'm really excited to be gettin a pocket hat, let alone a Borsalino for less than $40.oo. :D

I figured you and DM would have one of these for sure, that's why I posted the link, thanks for the input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy