Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My "New" Gibson and Barnes Jacket

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I picked up a G&B F-82 (a civilian hybrid) off a ebay a few days ago. It is tagged 40 Made to Measure. It also has a zip out Thinsulate liner. I've always read that G&B runs quite large, but this seems pretty trim through the body and even the sleeves. It has a 21-inch pit to pit measurement. Maybe the MTM = the Thinsulate liner and a slight trim fit? Regardless, I like it a lot. The dark brown goatskin is incredibly soft and the Thinsulate liner is quite warm. The liner extends into the sleeves as well. In addition, the civilian handwarmer pockets come in handy considering that the liner lets me wear the jacket deeper into winter when I want to put my hands in my pockets. Here are a few pics. The first one really looks bad; as though my posture is bad and I have a large gut. I'm vain enough that I actually intended to take another pic, but my tripod broke when I tried to set it up a second time! The only thing I would change would be the sleeve length. They are slightly long and the sleeves are very slim through the forearm so the knits won't really roll back inside. The jacket seems pretty much brand new. Since joining the FL, I've always liked the look of the G1 over the A2 and I was giving thought to having a mouton collar put on this jacket by G&B. I even contacted them and got a price while waiting for the jacket to arrive. Once I got the jacket, I said the heck with that; it looks just fine the way it is.
DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

Lando

Practically Family
Very cool. Was always looking at those. Best of both designs in my opinion. Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany