Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Hat!!!

Pyramid Jones

Familiar Face
Well Just thought I'd make an update for I haven't been on in a long time. I've had the hat going on almost two years now. It's starting to look more and more like Josh's. I actually met Josh up at Nates shop in Mancos, Colorado over the summer. He's a really neat guy and has a love for hats like most of us here. Well the hat has been in several rain storms and soaked several times. Being 100% beaver though its comes out looking better than before. It's faded some in color and has gone from what Nate calls a natural color (more grey like) to a nice tan color like Josh's. I wore it in Moab, Utah these last two summers and its holding up nice. It still looks new just a little dirtier on the pinch because I actually use it. It's the best hat I've ever owned and have another coming from Nate in the following months even though this one is still perfect. I'll post pics in later today.

Pyramid Jones

Familiar Face
I've worn it several times riding in Moab, Utah. I got thrown three times and kept it on all three times even though I broke my hand the second time. We were riding in a group and I'm a pretty good rider but these two Austrians got in front of me at full gallop and stopped. My horse reared back and it went one way while I went the other. I landed on my hand weird broke it without realizing it I jumped up within seconds grabbed the horse got back on and took off. I didnt realize it was broke for about another 10 minutes, the adrenaline was pumping it was great.

sharpe15

New in Town
My wife picked up the same yet, but in a dark green last year. We spent about an hour in his shop just talking with him (and visiting with the cats).

I had on a brown stetson. He yelled at me for using the spray on water repellent; he uses some kind of lanolin grease. Anyone ever heard of that?

leo

One of the Regulars
Somehow I missed this thread the first go round. The hat in my sig is also an Explorer that Nate made for me about five years ago. It's in the "Sahara" color. I believe there are some pics of it already on FL but here are a couple more from when it was new. Actually, it doesn't look much different now.
Nates_hat_7445.jpg

Nates_hat_7447.jpg

Rookie1

New in Town
Bought a not so old LBJ style hat

I have been eyeing this hat up at a local consignment store and finally pulled the trigger and bought it. Hopefully pics work. :)

Rookie1

New in Town
Im sorry for the confusion, I'm still trying to master the iphone. Here is last pic. I didn't notice this until I got home hence the no so old.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24