Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Indy Magnoli Gittes suit!

WH1

Practically Family
Pictures of my new Magnoli Gittes Linen suit. Wow, I am very impressed with the workmanship and quality of this suit. Indy was a pleasure to work with and he was always very helpful and prompt. I am very pleased with this suit as it is my first time purchasing over the internet. I had the measurements done by a local tailor (told him it was for a rental tux, a little fib) and discussed them with Indy, then incorporated his recommendations and placed my order.
I am wearing it with Bally linen/leather shoes, a Brooks Brothers bow and a Cuenaca I was fortunate to purchase from Bob C a while back but hadn't been able to wear.
I am very pleased with the overall look. :)

Front view
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/wh1fedora/clothesandNYC009.jpg

Back view
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/wh1fedora/clothesandNYC012.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Great look!

Brian Sheridan said:
Thats look fantastic! Just watch out for Roman Polanski if he is armed with a knife.
Indeed. If I see that you have changed your name to Nosey Parker, I'll send you a bandage.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
How did you do your measurements? I had a suit from him that was an utter fiasco. But I took my own measurements (incompetently).
Yes, the suit looks SMASHING!

WH1

Practically Family
I wore this yesterday in NYC, with a pocket square but no tie, my wife and I spent several hours at Saks 5th Avenue and I received numerous compliments on the suit from staff members particularly in the men's clothing department. All were impressed with the fit, the cloth and the construction of the suit. I then put on a tie and wore it for a dinner cruise to watch the fireworks. Again I received many compliments about the suit. An absolutely amazing display put on by Macy's, particularly from the water with the fireworks reflecting off of the buildings of the Manhattan skyline.

DHermann, I had a local tailor take the measurements for me, cost me $20 and he was very helpful. Indy and I had several email exchanges about the fit and measurements. If you are going to purchase I highly recommend that you have a professional take your measurements.

Nick, I did get it with the waistcoat I think the angle makes it difficult to see, I will post pictures of it later, it is a beautiful piece of clothing.

Bugsy

One Too Many
DHermann, I had a local tailor take the measurements for me, cost me $20 and he was very helpful. Indy and I had several email exchanges about the fit and measurements. If you are going to purchase I highly recommend that you have a professional take your measurements.

I had my tailor take my measurements when I ordered my suit from Indy. The fit, when I received it, was perfect in every detail. My tailor didn't charge me a thing.

mike

Call Me a Cab
WH1 said:
I wore this yesterday in NYC, with a pocket square but no tie, my wife and I spent several hours at Saks 5th Avenue and I received numerous compliments on the suit from staff members particularly in the men's clothing department. All were impressed with the fit, the cloth and the construction of the suit. I then put on a tie and wore it for a dinner cruise to watch the fireworks. Again I received many compliments about the suit. An absolutely amazing display put on by Macy's, particularly from the water with the fireworks reflecting off of the buildings of the Manhattan skyline.

Nick, I did get it with the waistcoat I think the angle makes it difficult to see, I will post pictures of it later, it is a beautiful piece of clothing.

Wait one cotton pickin moment! You're in NYC!? How's about a FL meet up this thursday?! We could see the suit in person and I am so insanely stir crazy working constantly that I would love to come up for air socially!

Folks!? Anyone!?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I wish. I'll be in Montreal all this week.
Be good to meet you tho, WH, so let's make it soon-ish.
Do wear the new suit - some of us would like very much to see a Magnoli at close range. I had the impression he re-proportions his clothes in line with modern MTM tailoring, but with your pix it's not at all obvious.

WH1

Practically Family
mike said:
Wait one cotton pickin moment! You're in NYC!? How's about a FL meet up this thursday?! We could see the suit in person and I am so insanely stir crazy working constantly that I would love to come up for air socially!

Folks!? Anyone!?

Thursday would be great, any recommendations on where to meet, so many great places to see and have a drink.

mike

Call Me a Cab
WH1 said:
Thursday would be great, any recommendations on where to meet, so many great places to see and have a drink.

Alright! There are multiple things going on that night, including the Mid Summer Night's Swing. Any one else in to meet up prior to that somewhere? I'd love to hit Ginger Man or Campbell's Apartment. Anyone else?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy