Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My problems with suits

Big_e

Practically Family
Speaking of exercise, I get the old bicycle out in the late of winter and ride throughout until the next fall. I don't bike much when it's cold. Bicycling is low to medium impact yet it allows you to have fun and lose weight like crazy! Bicycling and drinking plenty of water speeds up your metabolism so you can eat normally and your body will process nutrients more regularly.
I like to start in late winter, hopefully get in some kinda shape by spring and just concentrate in getting conditioned to the heat by the time full summer rolls around. I try to get in 1 or 2 100 milers in before my bicycling season is up. When I start, my size 38 pants fit very snug. By the time spring ends, my pants fit loose to where I can easily slid my hand in between my pants and body.
Give bicycling a try, starting with 20 miles a/week. 20 miles isn't much when you consider that most cyclists coast alot.
At first just pootle along at your own speed. By second week, you can push yourself to where you're huffing and puffing by the end of your ride.
At least get a stationary bike with good resistance features and pedal for an hour a day.
By bicycling regularly, you can actually take off and rest the 3-4 coldest months of the year (I call this my hibernation time) and your body will maintain it's health until you start up again in the late of winter or spring.
Ernest

rippy444

Familiar Face
suits

I too have gained some extra tires from laying in bed healing from a motorcycle car accident. Just go to your favorite Good Will and try on stuff to your heart's content. There is usually some older stuff there. It will get you on the right track. I bought a nice grey fedora for $ 1.65 at my local. Good luck. My nephew goes back over seas May 10th. His third time. All of our US Service staff are the best. RIP :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

carldelo

One Too Many
Whithead said:
So no "Henry Blake" suits?

(I hope someone remembers the "Special" suit McClean Stevenson got in a MASH episode...Navy blue with horizontel pinstripes...anyone? No...okay...I'll be quiet)

This was my first thought also - Henry Blake's Korean custom homecoming suit after being cycled home from the war. Only the tailor had no idea which direction the stripes were supposed to run...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy