Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nickv

One of the Regulars
My Thedi jacket has arrived , I ordered this late in June last year, and after some concerns with the delay in delivery and asking for advice here from fellow members in my last thread, i was assured that Thedi will and always delivers, and he did. He even threw in a leather belt as an apology for the delays , which was pretty generous of him.
It was totally worth the wait, and im stoked. It arrived last week, and i also received a phonecall from Theodoros himself ,ringing me at home in Australia late one night , to let me know that he was posting the parcel and to give me the tracking number . I was quite surprised by the phonecall, but delighted as well, thought that was very courteous of him,and i thanked him for the personalised service
Pics of my leather jacket below
MTG-162707
Horsehide leather veg-tanned,
colour: Chestnut
Removable shearling collar
Solid Brass Universal Front Zipper
Sateen sleeve lining.
100% wool flannel -khaki colour
Thickness of leather: 1.2-1.4mm
Jacket also was treated (thedi's wash and wax method)
700_4795-2.jpg
700_5317.jpg
700_4800-2.jpg
700_5268.jpg
700_5304.jpg
700_4801-2.jpg
700_5312.jpg
700_5328.jpg
700_5319.jpg
700_5300.jpg

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
My Thedi jacket has arrived , I ordered this late in June last year, and after some concerns with the delay in delivery and asking for advice here from fellow members in my last thread, i was assured that Thedi will and always delivers, and he did. He even threw in a leather belt as an apology for the delays , which was pretty generous of him.
It was totally worth the wait, and im stoked. It arrived last week, and i also received a phonecall from Theodoros himself ,ringing me at home in Australia late one night , to let me know that he was posting the parcel and to give me the tracking number . I was quite surprised by the phonecall, but delighted as well, thought that was very courteous of him,and i thanked him for the personalised service
Pics of my leather jacket below
MTG-162707
Horsehide leather veg-tanned,
colour: Chestnut
Removable shearling collar
Solid Brass Universal Front Zipper
Sateen sleeve lining.
100% wool flannel -khaki colour
Thickness of leather: 1.2-1.4mm
View attachment 310112 View attachment 310113 View attachment 310114 View attachment 310115 View attachment 310116 View attachment 310117 View attachment 310121 View attachment 310122 View attachment 310124 View attachment 310129
Sweet!

nickv

One of the Regulars
This looks wonderful! Love the removable fur collar. Pls post fit photos if you can.
You mention the color is chesnut but How is the color in real life?
Will try to upload fit pics on the weekend. The jacket looks almost black in subdued /normal light ( verymuch like my Aero blackend brown vicenzea).Once yoe see the jacket in direct good lighting the chestnut/brown hue is much visible.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Will try to upload fit pics on the weekend. The jacket looks almost black in subdued /normal light ( verymuch like my Aero blackend brown vicenzea).Once yoe see the jacket in direct good lighting the chestnut/brown hue is much visible.

Got it, i thought my eyes were so bad that I was only seeing black lol the leather facing by the inside pocket in the photo did look brown to me. that's so cool, congratulations on this beauty

nickv

One of the Regulars
Got it, i thought my eyes were so bad that I was only seeing black lol the leather facing by the inside pocket in the photo did look brown to me. that's so cool, congratulations on this beauty
I must also mention that i did receive leather samples from Thedi, and the brown chestnut horsehide sample which i have here, is untreated and definately looks like a brown, but i asked for my jacket to be treated(Thedi's wash and wax treatment ) which does darken the jacket quite a bit.

Mandarin

Practically Family
One thing that always kinda bugs me is the difference between the beauty of Theodoros' jackets and the names he gives them. How do you even pronounce MTG 162707? Do you say "Oh, today's a good time to wear my One hundred and sixty two thousand seven hundred and seven?". Reminds me of the Johnny Cash song THIRTEEN: "... never had me a name. They just gave me the number when I was young".
I own a Thedi jacket that somebody smartly called the "Hektor", which is much easier to remember than whatever number it is referenced under. And I think it would be interesting to keep on tapping into the greek mythology to name these jackets. Just saying.

Fonzie

One Too Many
That is a real beauty! Congrats!
I hope the summer here in South Australia doesn’t drag too long and you get to enjoy that amazing jacket soon!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I've also spotted this model on one of Thedi's stockist Instagram pages. It's beautiful. Congrats on a great jacket.
The only thing I personally dislike are those elastic waist bands. They somehow make me think of mass produced leather jacket's from the 80's.

Edward

Bartender
Nice design. I particularly like that chest pocket. It looks a nice, deep, practical size. Reminds me of the one on the front of my Bootlegger. I've had other jackets with a front pocket that looks really nice but is of less practical effect as much smaller. A good big one like that obviates the need for any internal pockets, imo.

One thing that always kinda bugs me is the difference between the beauty of Theodoros' jackets and the names he gives them. How do you even pronounce MTG 162707? Do you say "Oh, today's a good time to wear my One hundred and sixty two thousand seven hundred and seven?". Reminds me of the Johnny Cash song THIRTEEN: "... never had me a name. They just gave me the number when I was young".
I own a Thedi jacket that somebody smartly called the "Hektor", which is much easier to remember than whatever number it is referenced under. And I think it would be interesting to keep on tapping into the greek mythology to name these jackets. Just saying.

Absolutely, I've long thought along the same lines that he should mine ancient Greek mythology for names for these jackets. There must be plenty of names - both male and female - for use there for the foreseeable future.

nickv

One of the Regulars
That is one beautiful jacket! Very nice looking leather and construction. Any fit pics?
Thanks Jake. Very happy with the leather and quality of workmanship on the jacket. Reading your blogs, helped me heaps in selecting which brands of jackets to consider. Will post fit pics on the weekend.

That is a real beauty! Congrats!
I hope the summer here in South Australia doesn’t drag too long and you get to enjoy that amazing jacket soon!
Thaks Fonzie, yes hoping our summer (mild compared to last year) ends real soon.

I've also spotted this model on one of Thedi's stockist Instagram pages. It's beautiful. Congrats on a great jacket.
The only thing I personally dislike are those elastic waist bands. They somehow make me think of mass produced leather jacket's from the 80's.
Yes , the recent pics on Instagram and facebook are of my jacket. You are right , if i was to be nitpicky the elastic side bands are the only thing i dislike , but it is avery small dislike, as the construction of the jacket draws attention away from it.

Nice design. I particularly like that chest pocket. It looks a nice, deep, practical size. Reminds me of the one on the front of my Bootlegger. I've had other jackets with a front pocket that looks really nice but is of less practical effect as much smaller. A good big one like that obviates the need for any internal pockets, imo.
Absolutely, I've long thought along the same lines that he should mine ancient Greek mythology for names for these jackets. There must be plenty of names - both male and female - for use there for the foreseeable future.
Thanks, i love his design of the pockets on this jacket, much understated and simple.

If you google “perfect” there should be a picture of this jacket as the top hit. This is the type of jacket where Thedi is at his absolute best. Not too much Euro flash. Just a perfect, modern interpretation of a vintage inspired design. Superb! Would love to see fit pics too.
Exactly why i picked this design off his old website blog. A very slight modern twist on a classic timeless design.
81 (1).jpg

Will post fit pics over the weekend. Cheers.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I must also mention that i did receive leather samples from Thedi, and the brown chestnut horsehide sample which i have here, is untreated and definately looks like a brown, but i asked for my jacket to be treated(Thedi's wash and wax treatment ) which does darken the jacket quite a bit.

Got it, thanks for sharing. I'm also trying to order a jacket from Thedi so this really helps, never knew that wash and wax treatment will significantly change the look of a leather! If I don't go for the black canetto cowhide, this might do it for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko