Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nickv

One of the Regulars
Got it, thanks for sharing. I'm also trying to order a jacket from Thedi so this really helps, never knew that wash and wax treatment will significantly change the look of a leather! If I don't go for the black canetto cowhide, this might do it for me!
Yes ,when i asked for Thedi to send me samples , i asked for brown leathers. The goatskin brown samples below, one untreated the othe after treatment. You can see how much darker the treatment makes the leather, it almost looks black like my jacket, but the brown comes out in good lighting.
700_5704.jpg

nickv

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket, nice choice on the removable Collar!
Thanks Terry. I am quite surprised at the sturdiness of the removable collar, i requested to have it as a second option to the jacket, but this thing feels as if it is part of the construction of the jacket, and am now having doubts if i ever want to take it off. Im thinking the jacket looks better with it than without.

nickv

One of the Regulars
Another small detail i was not aware of. I am not sure whether this comes standard with all Thedi jackets, but the inside pockets of my jacket are lined with corduroy material. I have 2 authentic US Navy peacoats which have the exact same lining in their handpockets. This feature was not requested by me at time in ordering, i presumed i would just get a standard cotton drill or something. I certainly am apreciating all the fine detail aspects of the jacket.
X1002882.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I love his Vintage inspired labels. I just bought my first Albert Richard, note the label. The beautiful collar is permanent.

The collar makes for two jackets in one. After years of wanting a detachable collar, I secured some this summer. I had Dave Shelley make one for a Police jacket.

I now lust for a blonde Collar. You could have others made for your jacket quite easily, just takes money! Think about it: no need to buy another jacket, just get another Collar made.

DSC01439.JPG
DSC01418.JPG

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
My Thedi jacket has arrived , I ordered this late in June last year, and after some concerns with the delay in delivery and asking for advice here from fellow members in my last thread, i was assured that Thedi will and always delivers, and he did. He even threw in a leather belt as an apology for the delays , which was pretty generous of him.
It was totally worth the wait, and im stoked. It arrived last week, and i also received a phonecall from Theodoros himself ,ringing me at home in Australia late one night , to let me know that he was posting the parcel and to give me the tracking number . I was quite surprised by the phonecall, but delighted as well, thought that was very courteous of him,and i thanked him for the personalised service
Pics of my leather jacket below
MTG-162707
Horsehide leather veg-tanned,
colour: Chestnut
Removable shearling collar
Solid Brass Universal Front Zipper
Sateen sleeve lining.
100% wool flannel -khaki colour
Thickness of leather: 1.2-1.4mm
Jacket also was treated (thedi's wash and wax method)
View attachment 310112 View attachment 310113 View attachment 310114 View attachment 310115 View attachment 310116 View attachment 310117 View attachment 310121 View attachment 310122 View attachment 310124 View attachment 310129

What a totally beautiful jacket! No one has mentioned that wonderful lining so I will - I absolutely love that colour and the subtle pattern, it works perfectly with the chestnut coloured leather. Fantastic.

I too am not generally the biggest fan of elasticated sides, but these are relatively small and quite subtle, and maybe a nice nod to an older heritage of European (eg German) flight and cycle jackets which often had elasticated waist panels. Given other flight jacket inspired touches like the large chest zip map pocket I think the design, including the elasticated parts, very much works.

No doubt frustrating to have had such a long wait, but nice to see Thedi come through so spectacularly in the end and to go the extra mile to acknowledge the long wait and try to make it right. All’s well that ends well...

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Yes ,when i asked for Thedi to send me samples , i asked for brown leathers. The goatskin brown samples below, one untreated the othe after treatment. You can see how much darker the treatment makes the leather, it almost looks black like my jacket, but the brown comes out in good lighting. View attachment 310419

That's so cool! Members here have said that Thedi are experts in doing this wash/wax treatment! I wonder if I should request a brown cowhide leather and have them wash it like yours!

nickv

One of the Regulars
I love his Vintage inspired labels. I just bought my first Albert Richard, note the label. The beautiful collar is permanent.

The collar makes for two jackets in one. After years of wanting a detachable collar, I secured some this summer. I had Dave Shelley make one for a Police jacket.

I now lust for a blonde Collar. You could have others made for your jacket quite easily, just takes money! Think about it: no need to buy another jacket, just get another Collar made.

View attachment 310421 View attachment 310422
That didnt even enter my mind Terry..(on ordering different colour collars for the jacket down the track). Like updating the wheels on an old car, and like you said, just takes more money.

nickv

One of the Regulars
What a totally beautiful jacket! No one has mentioned that wonderful lining so I will - I absolutely love that colour and the subtle pattern, it works perfectly with the chestnut coloured leather. Fantastic.

I too am not generally the biggest fan of elasticated sides, but these are relatively small and quite subtle, and maybe a nice nod to an older heritage of European (eg German) flight and cycle jackets which often had elasticated waist panels. Given other flight jacket inspired touches like the large chest zip map pocket I think the design, including the elasticated parts, very much works.

No doubt frustrating to have had such a long wait, but nice to see Thedi come through so spectacularly in the end and to go the extra mile to acknowledge the long wait and try to make it right. All’s well that ends well...

Yes the elasticated sides are very subtle, not as prenounced as early 80's jackets, it doesnt bother me at all. Very happy with the lining. Pics below of lining and another little detail, leather patches sewn where the armpits rest.
X1002829.jpg
700_5708.jpg

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Really nice jacket there mate....I agree with a few people, the only thing Theo needs to work on is the names for his styles. Everything else is perfection.

Cornelius

Practically Family
Gorgeous workmanship here. I love the forward-thought on addressing likely early points of wear from the start (corduroy pocket bags, the underarm reinforcement). A jacket meant to be worn.

Please report back to this thread on the jacket's performance if you happen to get caught in a rainstorm. I'm curious how Thedi's "wash & wax treatment" might affect veg tan leather's generally poor water resistance.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Please report back to this thread on the jacket's performance if you happen to get caught in a rainstorm. I'm curious how Thedi's "wash & wax treatment" might affect veg tan leather's generally poor water resistance.

My personal experience with Thedi's HH and Buffalo, they soak up water like a sponge. The wax treatment doesn't do any water proofing.

red devil

Another small detail i was not aware of. I am not sure whether this comes standard with all Thedi jackets, but the inside pockets of my jacket are lined with corduroy material. I have 2 authentic US Navy peacoats which have the exact same lining in their handpockets. This feature was not requested by me at time in ordering, i presumed i would just get a standard cotton drill or something. I certainly am apreciating all the fine detail aspects of the jacket. View attachment 310420

The corduroy lined pocket is pretty standard, I have it in most of my Thedis if not all... It is fun to look at all the details in these jackets :)

Cornelius

Practically Family
My personal experience with Thedi's HH and Buffalo, they soak up water like a sponge. The wax treatment doesn't do any water proofing.

Very good to know, thanks. I love the Thedi designs but this would make his jackets basically useless to me in Chicago & along Lake Michigan.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Everything about Thedi jackets look so high quality and exclusive. That leather, hardware and lining looks amazing. That chestpocket is a really nice detail as you might even get to use it :)
That horsehide is the best I've seen in a long time.

red devil

Everything about Thedi jackets look so high quality and exclusive. That leather, hardware and lining looks amazing. That chestpocket is a really nice detail as you might even get to use it :)
That horsehide is the best I've seen in a long time.

The leather is chosen by Theo who has been in this industry for maybe 40 years now? Considering how passionate he is about it, you can see how his selection of leather is impressive. When I order a jacket, I ask him to choose the leather for me now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21