Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Vintage Men's Wedding Ring -Help finding the Sears ad PIX ADDED

sulla

One of the Regulars
I am looking for a copy of an original ad or image, or even an original ad for a ring I inherited. My great grandfather bought his wedding ring from Sears. It is a gold ring with either the letter G or B (his name was George Buse) etched into the face in a Gothic font with curly decoration on the sides. Please excuse the picture, I was using my cell – will take a better pic with my regular camera when I get home today.

I am shopping around to have it re-sized to fit me and have the letter re-etched into it. I thought it’d be neat to find an original Sears add or something identifying it. I’d love to have that when I pass the ring down to my child some day.

I know he was married October 18, 1912 and as far as I know it is the only wedding ring he ever owned.

I’ve done some simple searching on-line and was wondering if anyone had any advice for where to find this information should it still exist.

_MediaCard_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00195-1.jpg

The closest I've found is this one page Sears Jewelry add:

Last edited:

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Well, if you have the time to search, Anestry.com just released the historical Sears Catalogs from 1896-1993. I'm a member and don't know if you have to be one to access this particular feature, but here's the link. You can search by year or key word. It's fascinating and something I dare not delve into at work, or I'll never get a thing done.
Historical Sears Catalogs 1896-1993

sulla

One of the Regulars
This is the best I could find at the moment. I know it's small and hard to make out. I would Search Sears & Roebuck and not just Sears

Sears Page from Amish Trooper on RPF

Thanks to Amish Trooper on the RPF! This is the closest my family has gotten to an add of this ring in three generations. There are some really close looking rings on there. Not sure though without a clearer/more high res image.

Here's some better shots of my ring.
DSCN2705a.jpg

DSCN2706a.jpg

DSCN2704a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy