Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mystery Converse shoes???

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Hello.

I recently saw a model of Converse (Allstars?) in Malaysia.
I would have bought a pair but I couldn't find my choice of colour in the correct size. The colour I wanted had off-white canvas, white rubber, with a red beading between the canvas and sole.
I've tried to find them on the internet but have had no luck.
Can't even find an image of them.

They have vertical ribbing on the toe counter part and a contrast(on some colour-ways)beading. They have a very vintage look to them and an old style converse label on the heel. Similar to they Chuck Taylors we all know and love but nicely different.

But what are they called???

Help.

B
T

Randal

Familiar Face
Did they look anything like this?

whitecons.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Well, let me say that the model I saw were in a Converse store, actually, several Converse stores in Kuala Lumpur. They were definitely Converse and definitely not the standard Chuck Taylors and nothing like Jack Purcells.

Converse.com was my first visit.

I am very familiar with Chuck Taylors and Purcells. I spent a day in KL malls trying to find a black/black pair of the "vintage" Chucks with the rubber ankle cap in my size. Hard work, when some of the malls are 5 floors or more.

Lets hear from the sneaker experts.

The model I want are low-tops, I don't even know if there is a hi-top of this style. The most notable feature of them is the vertically ribbed toe cap rubber and the raised beading. They may even be a fantasy vintage style, I'm not sure.
The normal Chucks look absolutely cheap beside the mystery model.

Keep looking.

B
T

Mike K.

One Too Many
You're probably right about them not being available...at least in certain areas. I've been a Converse fan since I was a kid and haven't seen anything fitting your description. Even back in the day, the toe cap was smooth. Don't know if you have checked The Chucks Connection, but they have the latest scoop on any new styles (as well as a great history, photo collection, etc.).

http://chucksconnection.com/outlook.html

One thing is for sure, you've definitely got my interest! Can't wait to see these shoes if they can be located. Best of luck!

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
on the website for chuck taylors (idk google it) you can customize your own shoes. they're a bit more expensive, but you'll get the shoes you want.

kools

Practically Family
Hey Belly...I agree with you on the "stupid" Converse website. Where do you see the 1946 on the site?

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Hi Kools.

I can't "FIND" the shoes I like on the STUPID Converse site-
I have to do a stupid Google image search(for instance, "1946 Converse") and then link to the STUPID Con site. The search thingy on the Con site doesn't respond to my searches and a list of all shoes does not yield anything interesting either.

Mr. H. Johnson- I was in many a Mall in KL looking at Converse but a size 10 in the style I wanted could not be found... I snagged the monotone black Chuck Taylors though- I like that the ankle patch is rubber, instead of junk.

Good prices of course, made by next door neighbours, Indonesia, don't we already know.

I want them.

B
T

celtic

A-List Customer
it amazes me that people are spending more than $30 for a pair of canvas shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21