Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Name This Plane...from the inside

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Absolutely right there, Smithy!

Smithy said:
OK doesn't look like anybody else is going to get it and I can't resist. It was a difficult one this, it's a Northrop Nomad, The SAAF used them as trainers.
It is an Northrop A-17A Nomad. Good show!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
My 2 cents worth

My mother always loved to sing "Oh, I'd rather be a Hellcat than a fat old PBY."
OK, guys, please resume amazing me.
BTW (shameless self promotion going on here), my show, "The Caine Mutiny Court Martial", opens this Friday, at a theater nowhere near you, unless you live in the New York area.
P.S. God I enjoy this thread!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Easy one...

HueyCockpit.jpg

Flieger

Practically Family
Well... It's American made in its origin, but the one in the photo was made closer to my home. ;) It also has a very famous big sister.

/F

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Flieger said:
Well... It's American made in its origin, but the one in the photo was made closer to my home. ;) It also has a very famous big sister.

/F
I have been toying with the idea it might be a Ryan product, such as the PT-22, but I am unaware of any being manufactured outside the USA. Am I getting closer?

fatwoul

Practically Family
Flieger said:
Hmm... Looks like a Gloster Gladiator to my eyes... maybe even a Swedish J 8, you rascal? :D

Yuh huh. My grandfather was on the Gloster production team.

Flieger

Practically Family
KilroyCD said:
I have been toying with the idea it might be a Ryan product, such as the PT-22, but I am unaware of any being manufactured outside the USA. Am I getting closer?

A bit closer... you are circling the correct role of aircraft anyhow. :)

/F

fatwoul

Practically Family
Flieger said:
Cool! That is something to be proud of. Did you get any chance to talk to him about that period of his life?

Oh yes. He passed on a couple of years ago at 91, but before that had talked about those things a lot.

I have his original indentures from the completion of his apprenticeship, and I have his Dowty tool chest under this desk, which still has all the tools in it, many of which he made himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL