Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NaNoWriMo

nyx

One of the Regulars
zaika said:
just checking in to see how everyone's doing. have you lost steam yet?

i'll admit that i haven't been able to sit down and write since friday. :eek: i'm waaaay behind!

only 17 days left!! :D

I couldn't do it. I had to start over because I hated my story so much. So, now I'm at 3k again! I'll never catch up...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ive been out of the nanowrimo loop for a while cause of QM, but Im back home and ready to finish the 11,000+ words I need to finish.

Whoo hoo!!

LD

zaika

One Too Many
hahahahaha. i totally got off track for nanowrimo. blame on a newly acquired copy of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (yeah...that's right...i kick it old skool) and Thanksgiving.

this week i'm going to focus on it as much as possible to reach at least 30k. that'll be more than i've ever done, so...a personal best is better than nothing.

besides...goal #1 has been achieved which was to become invested in my story and to flesh out my characters. i feel really good about that. i have a better idea now of where i want to take this sorry souls. :eusa_clap

nyx

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
No one is gonna finish!? :( Im at 47,000 now. Come one people! Lets finish!!

LD

You reminded me to update my count, but there is no way I'm finishing this in time. I'm up to 18k or so, but I can't write 32k more by the end of this week.

But congrats to you, LD, and Dixon's Dame! Well done!:eusa_clap

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
nano_07_winner_large.gif

:D

LD

missmelly

One of the Regulars
Hanging head in shame. :eusa_doh: I'm stuck at about 15,000 with no hope to get a 35K inspiration any time soon. Congrats to you though, LD.
In December, my friends and i do what's called NaNoReDo. Any takers?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Time to resurrect this thread. It is November again. Who is in? I am writing a quasi-noir mystery, I think. It might end up being dieselpunk (whatever that is) or urban fantasy, or something entirely different.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Well, my NaNo for last November failed miserably, but I am just getting started on Camp NaNoWriMo. 50k in July, or 50k in August. Much more laid back in the summer, as is fitting. Anyone else in?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I like the idea of doing it in the summer as opposed to November, one of the busiest seasons. I also like the thought of doing a NaNo in January.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Between last night (after a music history paper) and this morning, I broke my first thousand. I have yet to have the slightest inkling of what my book will be about, but I am sure we will think of something.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Good luck, Yeps!

I'm not even going to try it. I just fail miserably at these sorts of writing ventures. I have learned that I am a slow writer, but can go in bursts of speed when necessary. To be honest, I simply don't have the energy for a 50,000 word marathon... :)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
So, it's that time of the year again. Anyone else joining me?
As of right now, I am at 8697, I ought to break 10k today, if all goes well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy