Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Natal Leather

Much, much heavier. Fox Creek uses very heavy leather but literally nothing I've seen except for maybe Cal compares to this stuff.

That is music to my ears. I will have to keep an eye out for one. Looking forward to the review.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Much, much heavier. Fox Creek uses very heavy leather but literally nothing I've seen except for maybe Cal compares to this stuff.

Hmmm

I haven't seen or handled anything from Fox Creek. I've heard they are well made and real bikers speak very highly of them, but I've never had the opportunity to handle one. So no comment there.

I have several Cal Leather jackets, and while they're similarly heavy, the leather has very different characteristics compared to the Natal/Natel/Walter Dyer jackets I have. Cal Leather has a firmer, stiffer feel, and a harder hand. Natal has a softer hand, and more pliable, but is probably just as thick. The Walter Dyer jackets I've handled are similar to Natal/Natel leather, but at least the WD jackets I've handled are not quite as heavy/thick as the Natal/Natel jackets.

Either are plenty thick and should hold up very well in a pavement encounter, if called upon to do so.

Yeah, I too do not like naked cowhide, but have seen Fox Creek and they will definitely hold up. Nice stuff, not my thing, but bikers do swear by Fox Creek. Most people in HD forums, v-twin forums, etc. tout them over Vanson, Langlitz, etc. From what I can tell, pretty much every pro-Fox Creek guy just does not want a break in period. They equate immediate suppleness and easy wear with superiority. Pure blasphemy.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I too do not like naked cowhide, but have seen Fox Creek and they will definitely hold up. Nice stuff, not my thing, but bikers do swear by Fox Creek. Most people in HD forums, v-twin forums, etc. tout them over Vanson, Langlitz, etc. From what I can tell, pretty much every pro-Fox Creek guy just does not want a break in period. They equate immediate suppleness and easy wear with superiority. Pure blasphemy.

I like naked leather. At the same time, I find that the zippered vents that they add to the shoulder of their perfecto style cross zip jacket to be horrid from a style standpoint. I just couldn't wear something like that. They do appear to be built well, from what I can tell in their photos, and they do have a great reputation from their customers.

Yes, I forgot about those added vents they install on their jackets, even those that are traditionally styled. Deal breaker for me too.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I tired out a friend's Fox Creek jacket in Seattle once, after we both went to Thurston's (while they still had thier store). It was soft, and thick but he also had been wearing it (almost non-stop) for 2 years since he bought it online from Fox Creek. His comments on the Vanson and Aero jackets at Thurston's were about what you would expect. Nice jackets, very good leather, but really stiff. Most folks don't seem to want a break-in period, it seems.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
OK, it was delivered a few minutes ago. UPS guy must have had me on the end of his route today.

It's twilight so no good lighting for photos today, but I'll try to take them tomorrow.

Suffice to say that this jacket is killer. Very heavy, I haven't weighed it yet, but I'm guessing it's very close to the 8lbs the seller claimed. The leather has a pebbled grain to it, and a waxy feel to it, and is soft and pliable, in spite of its weight and thickness.

It's in a different league from the Aero King of the Road that I had delivered earlier today, but it's fantastic in its own right. Fit is absolutely spot on. @Monitor and @ton312 are going to be so jealous.

A shame I won't have good light to take pics until tomorrow.

IMG_9231.GIF

OK, it was delivered a few minutes ago. UPS guy must have had me on the end of his route today.

It's twilight so no good lighting for photos today, but I'll try to take them tomorrow.

Suffice to say that this jacket is killer. Very heavy, I haven't weighed it yet, but I'm guessing it's very close to the 8lbs the seller claimed. The leather has a pebbled grain to it, and a waxy feel to it, and is soft and pliable, in spite of its weight and thickness.

It's in a different league from the Aero King of the Road that I had delivered earlier today, but it's fantastic in its own right. Fit is absolutely spot on. @Monitor and @ton312 are going to be so jealous.

You know modern man did invent light bulbs and managed to harness electricity. I don’t know if I can wait until tomorrow lol.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Tease!! I’ll be watching for it. B

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Maybe you’ve already done this and I missed it, but if you haven’t, I think it’s time to post a picture of the whole collection [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21