Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Natal Leather

Fonzie

One Too Many
Basically
78f2d16cc8975356ada3583fe252ef71.jpg

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]! Pretty much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
This. Thing. Is. A. Tank.
a546bb244bdc96ed37600ad9d008354d.jpg
96e44a31a9b058a450858fee2dd5345b.jpg
0c76887ab841f4ec7a38393705084d0a.jpg
9b4e9667aafbd583ffb7981480d50c52.jpg
f895dfbbb9e8ea0213a5c22f33c09cb8.jpg
2155a26fe472d5e1226cd0881c49555f.jpg
08082112bd2685cd807104ec1529ffdf.jpg
Greetings Guppy et al:
On a different note.
I love the brass!! It totally sets off the jacket!
I don’t know s**t about the leathers you all are so experienced with but i know a good looking jacket when i see one and this one makes me wanna go grab my bestest and go to bed.
I can only imagine what the leather feels like.
Also, your expression in pic #5 “Says it All”.
Be well. Bowen

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Sell everything else you got, you're done. I didn't think it would fit this good. I didn't think it'd fit nearly as perfect as it does! Better than most cross zips I've seen. Better than all, probably. Every detail, every side and angle. That's your jacket, man.

You don't know how right you are... Out of all the leather jackets I've owned, this is the closest to the original first real motorcycle jacket that I owned, made by TRD, the one that I lost several years ago. The one that, had I not lost it, I would never have started looking, never would have found this forum, and would have thousands of dollars more in my bank account.

This Natel is so similar to the TRD jacket in thickness and weight. The only differences:
  • The epaulets on the Natel are square, on the TRD they were pointed.
  • The inside pocket on the Natel is on the wearer's right, on the TRD it was on the wearer's left.
  • The TRD had side laces.
  • The belt loops on the TRD were solid, not snap-closed.
  • The belt buckle on the TRD was a roller buckle.
  • The TRD had a zip-out quilted liner for winter.
They are, for all intents and purposes, otherwise equal. Thick, long back kidney panel, brass hardware, super heavy. I'm all set.

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
These cross zips seem like a better build quality than the CR. Would you agree? Just look better from a tailoring point of view...

I would have to say the quality is equal between the Natal/Natel Cafe racer jackets that I've handled, and this cross-zip. I do think that the cross-zip is a better style for riding, and is a heavier jacket. But in terms of materials, stitching, and whatnot, these are no different. They're very obviously made by the same people, you can tell even without looking for a label.

This is the best one of the three! I kinda preferred mine when you first posted the auction pics but now I don't. This thing is out of this world. It's an engineered piece of equipment. Seriously, whoever was designing these jackets knew very well what they were doing, be it Natal, Natel or Walter Dyer. The huge gussets seem to be extremely functional. I've no clue what that TRD jacket was but from the list you've made, this one seem to be an improvement over everything! No side laces because there's a belt which you can replace with whatever you want. Pocket on the right side so you can reach it while on a bike (same as on V7) and roller buckle is nowhere near as cool as this proper one.

Brass hardware does SO much for this style it's incredible! And check out how the main zipper ends a good inch and a half above the bottom hem. Proper kidney panel, double sided and long, tight sleeve cuff closing... This is a seriously good jacket. Like, miles ahead of most others.

Christ, all this for $75... I wish I had seen that auction, we'd seriously compete at it. You'd probably won but... Yeah, I would've just ruined your price. It's in good hands, I know it.

And man, the way it fits you! You seriously don't have to buy anything else - not a TFL exaggeration, I honestly mean it!

There's no doubt this is the same maker as my Natal... But who are those guys? Who were they!?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
This is the best one of the three! I kinda preferred mine when you first posted the auction pics but now I don't. This thing is out of this world. It's an engineered piece of equipment. Seriously, whoever was designing these jackets knew very well what they were doing, be it Natal, Natel or Walter Dyer. The huge gussets seem to be extremely functional. I've no clue what that TRD jacket was but from the list you've made, this one seem to be an improvement over everything! No side laces because there's a belt which you can replace with whatever you want. Pocket on the right side so you can reach it while on a bike (same as on V7) and roller buckle is nowhere near as cool as this proper one.

Brass hardware does SO much for this style it's incredible! And check out how the main zipper ends a good inch and a half above the bottom hem. Proper kidney panel, double sided and long, tight sleeve cuff closing... This is a seriously good jacket. Like, miles ahead of most others.

Christ, all this for $75... I wish I had seen that auction, we'd seriously compete at it. You'd probably won but... Yeah, I would've just ruined your price. It's in good hands, I know it.

And man, the way it fits you! You seriously don't have to buy anything else - not a TFL exaggeration, I honestly mean it!

There's no doubt this is the same maker as my Natal... But who are those guys? Who were they!?
Yours is very good, Monitor. I wouldn't knock it, at all. But I do like this Natel because it's so similar to my first serious leather jacket.

My old TRD jacket had side laces AND a full belt. Which, I just like, I think it looks cool and it is versatile, enabling the wearer to fine tune the fit, and adjust it as needed due to layering or weight fluctuations. I'm a fan of side laces.

This one doesn't really need side laces to fit me just right, which is lucky for me.

I liked the roller buckle, it was easy to fasten. But it's a minor detail. Plus, the buckle on this belt is easily swapped out.

I sure did get a heck of a deal on it, and I still can't believe no one else bid. I guess I'm lucky Rin Tanaka didn't write a book about them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana