Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy polka dot scarf, anyone know where I can find a good one?

simonc

Practically Family
Silk, navy polka dot scarf, anyone know where I can find a good one? I mean double sided with tassels, or thereabouts.

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

What size / shape are you after? Cowboy Wild rags / neckerchief's come in Navy with white polka dots because that's what Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders wore. Most of those are square however.

Not sure that helped or not.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I'm assuming you want silk?

Navy%20lilac%20London.jpg

http://www.peckhamrye.com/our-range/scarves/london-spot-print-scarf-block-14
These ones from 'Peckham Rye' are quite luxurious, however they are longer and narrower than the standard vintage Tootal/Duggie/Sammy scarf. At £65 its the same price you will sometimes see for a vintage Tootal polka dot scarf.
I have to say, I prefer a wider scarf but I also like the idea of supporting companies like 'Peckham Rye' i.e. small scale, British producers who are trying to make a quality product and who really care about what they make.

Then there's Darcy clothing:
cr565l.jpg

http://www.darcyclothing.com/shop/accessories/spotted-silk-scarf-cr565.html

Good luck.

P.S. I've got a blue with yellow polka dot scarf for sale, but its cotton rather than silk. let me know if you want to see it.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Simon, are you in London? If so, it's definitely worth going to 'Peckham Rye'. The blokes who run the company know their product and always like to talk with enthusiasts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff