Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Vicenza Board Racer - Thread Colour Options

Doylum

New in Town
Hi folks,

I wouldn't mind getting the FL thoughts on thread colour choices for a Navy Vicenza Board Racer I have on order from Aero.

I won't say which colour I prefer just yet. I'm keen to hear what you guys think.

The thread colour choices from left to right are: Blue, White, Olive, Gold.

Cheers,
Doylum

Attachments

• Thread_Colours3.jpg
    Thread_Colours3.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 370

Chris7273

One of the Regulars
My blue board racer : I chose white. Nice but after being caught by a really heavy (and long) downpour, my jacket was completely soaked and the blue color from the leather has gone to the thread and the thread is now light blue at some places...
If your jacket will see the rain : my advise is to go for blue.

My blue board racer : I chose white. Nice but after being caught by a really heavy (and long) downpour, my jacket was completely soaked and the blue color from the leather has gone to the thread and the thread is now light blue at some places...
If your jacket will see the rain : my advise is to go for blue.
I would think that if one were to use some good treatment like Pecards or Vaseline to the threads, they would be safe from running.
None of the light contrast threads I have with other colors have bled. But Indigo may have different properties...

Doylum

New in Town
Thanks for all the replies folks. It's really helpful to get your input.

I made the order a while back and plumped for gold stitching. It was either gold or olive. I'll stick with gold, it should give the jacket a little pop.

I also got slanted pockets. :) and antique brass zips. I thought the full on brass zips might be just a tad too bling when combined with gold stitching.

Thanks again,
Doylum

Doylum

New in Town
Well my jacket arrived today. I'm very, very happy. I think it's a perfect fit and am pleased with the options I went for.

Navy Vicenza Leather
Gold Stitching
Antique Brass Zips
Minto Check Lining

What do you think?

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 306
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 300

ksozay

One Too Many
Looks great! I keep thinking that you, me, Protein Nerd - need to start a Navy BR club! Mine has the white contrast stitching. Was worried it would draw too much attention away from the blue, but ended up looking great!

Now we just need to get @ton312 to come over to the BR side. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ