Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Help Finding a Straw Hat with 2 1/2" brim

Hi All,
Now that my Felt hats are gone, I'm looking for a straw hat with 2 1/2" brim.
Something that's not a Panama style, and not white. I've seen many great modern straw fedoras over the past 2 years, but they all have stingy 2" brims. I like the Open Road style, but I want something casual as I live in Southern California. I'm looking to wear it with jeans/ shorts and a t-shirt mostly.
Any and all help is much appreciated...

stmike

One of the Regulars
I have a Borsolino straw that I bought at Carrol & Co. last year that sounds like what you may want. I don't know where in SoCal you are, but there are several Carrol clothing stores around. Good luck.

Something along these lines...But 2 1/2"
Picture18_zpsd5a6e9b1.png

I tried a Borsolino Straw on when I was in their shop in Venice...Should'a Could'a bought it back then. I'll try the Carrol & Co. site.
Thanks!

I have a Borsolino straw that I bought at Carrol & Co. last year that sounds like what you may want. I don't know where in SoCal you are, but there are several Carrol clothing stores around. Good luck.

Couldn't find hats on their site...
Is your Borsalino like this one?
Picture19_zpsdfccaef9.png

For something along the lines of an Open Road .... I would go with a milan Stetson Stratoliner.
I thought about one last year, but got discouraged by reading they were "plasticy"...
I saw a vintage Stetson OR straw posted awhile back, but couldn't figure out where to get one or maybe they discontinued it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic